.22 Marauder

.22 Marauder

March 24th, 2010, 12:58 pm #1

I have all settings maxed on my .22 Marauder. With 21.14 Baracuda Match 3000psi fill 35 shot avg 840 but i have about 60fps difference from high to low velocity. If I fill to 2800psi and shoot 20 shots my average is 855 with only 20fps difference. I am ok with the numbers as I have a large supply of air and only plan to hunt with this gun. With JSB 18gr 2800psi 20 shots avg 900fps 10fps difference. I can do better if i change settings for the jsb's but they are very accurate at 900fps. For the Baracudas, I tried many settings but nothing gave me anything close to these results. Velocity dropped abunch if i adjusted under max. If I turned the transfer port 3.5 instead of 4.5 I dropped to the high 700fps range. Thought I would be able to fine tune more but that didn't happen. I am new to pcp's so might just be my lack of knowledge?

March 24th, 2010, 2:17 pm #2

.22 Marauder will do. I have chosen to set mine up for FTTs @ 925 fps, and occasionally shoot Baracuda Match pellets when I know the "critters" will be farther away. I'm getting 30 shots with a 10~12 spread.

March 24th, 2010, 2:56 pm #3

Thanks for the reply

March 24th, 2010, 4:30 pm #4

I have all settings maxed on my .22 Marauder. With 21.14 Baracuda Match 3000psi fill 35 shot avg 840 but i have about 60fps difference from high to low velocity. If I fill to 2800psi and shoot 20 shots my average is 855 with only 20fps difference. I am ok with the numbers as I have a large supply of air and only plan to hunt with this gun. With JSB 18gr 2800psi 20 shots avg 900fps 10fps difference. I can do better if i change settings for the jsb's but they are very accurate at 900fps. For the Baracudas, I tried many settings but nothing gave me anything close to these results. Velocity dropped abunch if i adjusted under max. If I turned the transfer port 3.5 instead of 4.5 I dropped to the high 700fps range. Thought I would be able to fine tune more but that didn't happen. I am new to pcp's so might just be my lack of knowledge?
I have on order a .22 Marauder from AoA. So I am curious about which pellets are the most accurate. You state " can do better if i change settings for the jsb's but they are very accurate at 900fps." Did you mean to say the JSB's are -not- very accurate at 900 fps? Or they are very accurate?

I am not trying to nit pick, but I am curious what pellets to look at when my M-rod arrives and I am curious about the tuning. So your post is very interesting to me.

Blessings,
Jeff

March 24th, 2010, 5:30 pm #5

At 900fps the JSB's shoot really good. The baracudas aren't far off the accuracy of the jsb's

March 24th, 2010, 6:46 pm #6

I was hoping for that. Good deal. Thank you sir.

Blessings,
Jeff

March 24th, 2010, 8:30 pm #7

So far mine likes Kodiaks and Crosman Premiers. JSB's are crap out of mine. I've read that others here are the same.

I've tested the 14.3 Premiers, over the counter Pointed 14.3 Crosmans, 15.8 and 18 grain JSB's, 17 Grain Dynamics, 18 grain Defiants and th 21.1 grain Kodiaks. The Kodiaks are my go to pellet at this point.

Allow for some testing to see what yours will like best. I've got over a 1,000 JSB's that will have to be used in my S10.

Here's some testing from yesterday.

Middle target - 5 Kodiaks at 100 ft. To the left 10 more shots running low on air
[/IMG]

Fresh fill of air. 10 more Kodiaks
[/IMG]

Here the JSB's (circled in black) were way over the target except for the one lower one. Being none of them hit the target I reused it to test the over the counter Crosmans.
[/IMG]

However!!! I've always liked Kodiaks for their stability and impact. I have a thousand at hand so I'm good to go. A half hour after I was done (testing/sighting in) I christened a tree rat with one. (lol)

BTW - love my M-rod. Bipod and a single loading tray arriving tomorrow. Ready to install my Depinger. Friday some RWS pellets arriving that others recommeded that shoot well in theirs.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Bob
I live in a State of Confusion (Jersey)
Last edited by BrerBob on April 2nd, 2010, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 25th, 2010, 9:43 am #8

That looks exactly like one of my JSB groups when I shoot them in the .22 Marauder. My .22 RWS 48 loves those JSB's, but the Marauder doesn't. Funny how fickle pellets can be in different rifles. My RWS 48 shoots both JSB's and RWS Meisterkugeln equally well, and the German pellet also shoots great in the Marauder...go figure.

March 26th, 2010, 3:25 am #9

So far mine likes Kodiaks and Crosman Premiers. JSB's are crap out of mine. I've read that others here are the same.

I've tested the 14.3 Premiers, over the counter Pointed 14.3 Crosmans, 15.8 and 18 grain JSB's, 17 Grain Dynamics, 18 grain Defiants and th 21.1 grain Kodiaks. The Kodiaks are my go to pellet at this point.

Allow for some testing to see what yours will like best. I've got over a 1,000 JSB's that will have to be used in my S10.

Here's some testing from yesterday.

Middle target - 5 Kodiaks at 100 ft. To the left 10 more shots running low on air
[/IMG]

Fresh fill of air. 10 more Kodiaks
[/IMG]

Here the JSB's (circled in black) were way over the target except for the one lower one. Being none of them hit the target I reused it to test the over the counter Crosmans.
[/IMG]

However!!! I've always liked Kodiaks for their stability and impact. I have a thousand at hand so I'm good to go. A half hour after I was done (testing/sighting in) I christened a tree rat with one. (lol)

BTW - love my M-rod. Bipod and a single loading tray arriving tomorrow. Ready to install my Depinger. Friday some RWS pellets arriving that others recommeded that shoot well in theirs.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Bob
I live in a State of Confusion (Jersey)
Well... like always I will just have to test out pellets and find out what my M-rod likes. It is just the way rifles are.

Thanks.

Blessings,
Jeff