2018 Nevada AAFTA Regional Grand Prix Match -- June 1st-3rd

2018 Nevada AAFTA Regional Grand Prix Match -- June 1st-3rd

January 25th, 2018, 11:19 pm #1

Save the date announcement.The AAFTA Nevada Grand Prix regional match Will be June 1st-3rd. Nevada airgunners will also be hosting a club match the weekend before.Registration for the AAFTA Grand Prix will be $50. Registration is due by May 1st. You can pre-register by PayPal via aquasmith at Comcast dot net.or by mail at:Lonnie SmithPO Box 2337Aptos CA 95001We will have a PFT match June 1st at 1:00pm and the 112 shot rifle match will be held on June 2-3rd at 9:30am. A BBQ picnic style lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday after the rifle match.Any WFTF shooters with their eye on world competition should consider this venue. Lodging in Battle mountain Nevada is pretty reasonably priced. Our location is very scenic and lots of fun challenging terrain so its a skill building course. Plus, I put the extra effort into the targets to make sure they function at 4fpe.

January 26th, 2018, 12:20 am #2

Shot 2016, missed 2017 due to retirement duties ... but 2018 has no excuses !!

January 26th, 2018, 1:49 am #3

Save the date announcement.The AAFTA Nevada Grand Prix regional match Will be June 1st-3rd. Nevada airgunners will also be hosting a club match the weekend before.Registration for the AAFTA Grand Prix will be $50. Registration is due by May 1st. You can pre-register by PayPal via aquasmith at Comcast dot net.or by mail at:Lonnie SmithPO Box 2337Aptos CA 95001We will have a PFT match June 1st at 1:00pm and the 112 shot rifle match will be held on June 2-3rd at 9:30am. A BBQ picnic style lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday after the rifle match.Any WFTF shooters with their eye on world competition should consider this venue. Lodging in Battle mountain Nevada is pretty reasonably priced. Our location is very scenic and lots of fun challenging terrain so its a skill building course. Plus, I put the extra effort into the targets to make sure they function at 4fpe.
folks! Lonnie and his team put in incredible work to host this match.. SO, please show respect and appreciation for this effort! AND show up and compete. Like Lonnie said... this is a chance to really challenge yourself! Winds are really fun to try and read there... not to mention the steep uphill and shady shots along the creek. If you like rugged... this is your game. Camping is super.. stars like you won't see very often... Camp fixed grub you will die for... especially after a long hard day of shooting.. it's not an easy walk between lanes.. you work for your points in this one! I've been to almost all of these fun matches... I think... and glad I did!

Thanks Lonnie... this is really a challenge to setup for us to play on!

Wayne

January 26th, 2018, 4:52 pm #4

Been to one, and it was fun fun fun. Winds thats defy logic, shots thru the scrub, lanes far apart...and the scenery is awesome!!!

I stayed at the "Big Chief" (think thats the name), reasonably priced, clean and cozy. The restaraunt at the truck stop qwas pretty good, and there's other food around to....

Its a close match for me too, only 9 hours away

January 27th, 2018, 5:33 am #5

In speaking with some of the SVFTC members during the 2017 season the subject of Nevada FT has come up, if some of these folks are good to there wants & interest we may get get some newer folks interested in rural FIELD target ... yes Nevada FT is like comparing playing in a sandbox to playing on a sand dune !!

January 29th, 2018, 12:57 am #6

this club on the "Field Target Clubs Across America" list?

January 29th, 2018, 4:08 am #7

How do we get on the list?