2017 PA Cup Match Report and full results

2017 PA Cup Match Report and full results

August 30th, 2017, 6:08 pm #1

August 30th, 2017, 6:39 pm #2

Tyler great write up, looks like a great time had by all I hope to make next year.

August 30th, 2017, 6:45 pm #3

Thanks for all the hard work that everyone put into the Cup this year.

August 30th, 2017, 9:42 pm #4

Just when you think past years couldn't get any better, Tyler and Pyramyd Air did! Much thanks to Tyler Patner and the entire Pyramyd crew, for one of the premier Field Target events in the country....bar NONE!! It's A great event, with vendors to talk and mingle with, discussing the latest in Field Target equipment, new guns, (and my case, pellets!!!), scopes, and the like.
Great to see and mingle with friends, and made new friends alike.
Don't change a thing, (unless there can be an improvement, which I don't think is possible!!), you guys hit the nail on the head!!! Keep it up, see everyone next year!!!

Tom Holland Assistant Match Director Eastern Suffolk Competitve Airgunners Association
(ESCAA)
Long Island NY

August 30th, 2017, 10:19 pm #5

Huge thanks to Tyler, Kristen, and the rest of the crew!! I had a great time and will definitely be there next year! The PA Cup is by far one of favorite air gun competitions of the year. It is always great to see familiar faces and meet some new ones as well, as usual FT always seems to bring a top notch group of individuals together.

This is a very well organized shoot, and I can't wait till the next one, thanks again!!

August 31st, 2017, 12:27 am #6

Just when you think past years couldn't get any better, Tyler and Pyramyd Air did! Much thanks to Tyler Patner and the entire Pyramyd crew, for one of the premier Field Target events in the country....bar NONE!! It's A great event, with vendors to talk and mingle with, discussing the latest in Field Target equipment, new guns, (and my case, pellets!!!), scopes, and the like.
Great to see and mingle with friends, and made new friends alike.
Don't change a thing, (unless there can be an improvement, which I don't think is possible!!), you guys hit the nail on the head!!! Keep it up, see everyone next year!!!

Tom Holland Assistant Match Director Eastern Suffolk Competitve Airgunners Association
(ESCAA)
Long Island NY
The Best is yet to Come! Great Job Tyler, Krista, and PYA team members.

August 31st, 2017, 11:43 am #7

I had a great time at the Cup. Learnt a few lessons, made some new friends, and knocked down my share of targets.
The courses were excellent challenges, I am amazed at how easy some of the competitors made it look.
Ive found a way to practice everyday now, lookout next year!!!!!

August 31st, 2017, 9:28 pm #8

Tyler and crew, thank you for a very well run, enjoyable, friendly, and competative course. It was good putting faces with names I only knew from the internet. Greg Sauve, it was great meeting you and shooting with you on day 1. Ron Brown, good shooting with you on day 1. I shot with Neil who is a shooting machine on day 2, along with David Slade and Ron Brown. It seemed initially to be an easier course, but that changed dramatically when the winds came up, making the easy course quite tricky. I was happy to get outta there on day 2 with a 47. Everyone at the event from the kitchen crew to the Pyramyd Staff was awesome. The vendors that provided the prizes, thank you. Good food, great people and a great shoot. What else could anyone ask for? Thank you and See you next year. BC

September 1st, 2017, 2:55 pm #9

First let me thank Tyler, Kristen, all the PA staff (that did the dirty work), the wonderful Tusco staff who fed us and kept us safe and all the participants who presence made this a memorable match, oh yes, and mother nature who provided 2 beautiful days of weather.

This is the premier FT match in the country, all you have to do is go once and you will come back. One of the most striking differences is the vendor participation. The prize table donated by vendors and manufacturers was WELL in excess of $10,000. The prizes went to the top shooters with every division having an equal chance to win a top prize. Contrast this to matches where the donated prizes are raffled or auctioned off to the participants. The side matches Pay Day and Gunslynger, are fun and exciting to watch with great prizes. The Gunslynger matches are the most exciting air rifle competitions you can see and participate in.

Over 100 shooters competed in the FT match, with some of the best FT shooters in the country participating. I was blown away by some of the scores that were shot. This match was a great example of how fickle the Troyer rating can be. A little bit of wind and lots of long shots makes a challenging course. If you want to reach the top of your division you better learn to hit 45+ yard shots like they are 25 yd shots, hit 80+% of your forced position shots and never fear the wind.

Thank you Pyramyd Air for supporting airgun competitions and creating a world class event. Someday perhaps all major FT matches will follow your model.

Jim in Sacramento

September 2nd, 2017, 12:35 am #10

The match. It is one of the premier events
Of the GP circuit that falls within driving distance of us on the east coast.

It is also one of the wildest wind, open field courses I have expierenced. Most we compete at have heavy dark woods with swirling winds.

The PA Cup always presents a challange with the crazy winds at the targets doing nothing like it is at the shooters box.