20 yard group & Chrony reading from Cham (Quest) after 1000 pellets...

20 yard group & Chrony reading from Cham (Quest) after 1000 pellets...

October 1st, 2006, 7:36 pm #1

10 pellet average was about 860 feet per second with RWS 8.3 grain Superdomes. It's starting to group consistantly enough for Field Target, but it needs some work to smooth out the firing cycle. I've got the trigger adjusted down to 3 pounds, but will order the NC Steve inserts from Skyler next week. This rifle was shooting 2" 20 yard groups out of the box, which proves the importance of the break-in period. These groups were shot using a Price Steady Aim Harness from the Sitting Field Target Position. Ric

October 1st, 2006, 10:03 pm #2

Nice shooting Ric. Wish that I could shoot that well from a sitting position. Great Job! Two inches to a nickel in 1000 shots.

Chris

October 2nd, 2006, 1:17 am #3

10 pellet average was about 860 feet per second with RWS 8.3 grain Superdomes. It's starting to group consistantly enough for Field Target, but it needs some work to smooth out the firing cycle. I've got the trigger adjusted down to 3 pounds, but will order the NC Steve inserts from Skyler next week. This rifle was shooting 2" 20 yard groups out of the box, which proves the importance of the break-in period. These groups were shot using a Price Steady Aim Harness from the Sitting Field Target Position. Ric

October 2nd, 2006, 4:20 am #4

I think now is the time I will stop blaming my guns for inaccuracy.

October 2nd, 2006, 5:34 am #5

You made quick work on that gun. I'm haveing a hard time getting to 1000 on my kids Shadow Sport. NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

October 2nd, 2006, 6:40 am #6

My wife laughed every time I turned on the light for night shooting. There's still a lot of work to do on the firing cycle and trigger. Ric

October 2nd, 2006, 6:42 am #7

I think now is the time I will stop blaming my guns for inaccuracy.
a little wind and the Field Targets are safe from me. LOL! Ric

October 2nd, 2006, 7:18 am #8

Nice Ric, wait until you get it tuned!

October 2nd, 2006, 1:16 pm #9