.177 Disco power problem

.177 Disco power problem

March 15th, 2009, 9:48 pm #1

Did the 3 screw trigger mod yesterday, have to say I'm really impressed with the difference. I also put in a lighter trigger spring, & bent the sear spring a touch. I dry fired it a BUNCH while doing the adjustments, almost to empty.

Went to the range today, & the gun shoots at maybe half power. A club member actually asked if it was shrouded it was so quiet. After 30 shots or so, the air gauge didn't even move.

Could the trigger mod cause the problem? Dry firing blow a seal or o-ring? All just coincidence & something else is the problem?

Any pointers as to where to start are really appreciated.

TIA

March 15th, 2009, 10:01 pm #2

Sear drag sounds like the problem. With the 3 screw mod, the sear isn't getting all the way out of the way of the hammer, which tend drags actross the sear, slwoing the hammer strike down. the screw that limits the sear's movement down AND the trigger overtravel screw should be backed out to test this. But i'll be with the screws back out (can leave the engagement limiting screw alone) it will go back to full power.

March 15th, 2009, 10:36 pm #3

It was the overtravel screw. I had set it by pulling the trigger against it & backing it out 'til the gun fired, then just a bit more.

All seems right now.

But it's not near as quiet.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Bikerscum on March 15th, 2009, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2009, 11:37 pm #4

..even with a simple set screw like Crosman uses on the 2300. Think you just have to live with a bit of over travel unless you go for a full trigger rebuild.