1720 B-Staley Mod

1720 B-Staley Mod

June 3rd, 2013, 8:12 pm #1

I went to do the B-Staley o-ring mod to my new 1720, but when I went to take out the hammer, I could not get the cocking pin out of the hammer. It is an EXTREMELY tight press fit, and I could not get it to budge. This is very different from when I opened up my P-Rod, as the pin just came out when I pulled on it. I would really like to get this mod done - does anyone have any bright ideas for getting that cocking pin out?
Thanks,
Chris

June 3rd, 2013, 8:58 pm #2

if you have it lined with the with that fat hole it should just pull out. that pin does fit under the slot when its in the hammer. if it doesnt just come out you may just have to mucsle it out.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

June 4th, 2013, 12:36 am #3

I went to do the B-Staley o-ring mod to my new 1720, but when I went to take out the hammer, I could not get the cocking pin out of the hammer. It is an EXTREMELY tight press fit, and I could not get it to budge. This is very different from when I opened up my P-Rod, as the pin just came out when I pulled on it. I would really like to get this mod done - does anyone have any bright ideas for getting that cocking pin out?
Thanks,
Chris
You can probably get the o-rings in by removing the gripframe and manipulating them in through the sear opening in the tube.