Vick's Autosports rave (and concerns)

Vick's Autosports rave (and concerns)

April 26th, 2008, 2:30 am #1

Hey got a free issue of Classic Motorsports, courtesy of Vick's Autosport today, so I can get to read that interesting article everyone is talking about. Of course I need to apologize to Xweb members, because when I pulled it out of my mailbox, the first thing I thought is "what sorry A#$$^ off that Xweb board gave my address out? and now I'm gonna have to cancel an automatic subscription that I didn't want". Turns out, I don't have to make an effort unless I WANT TO subscribe.
That being said, I googled Vicks, as I didn't have em bookmarked and came upon this post on an Alfa Forum
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/anythin ... texas.html
It is from a disgruntled Alfa guy, talks about Andrew Garcia buying out Vick's and how he has screwed people in the past.I have done biz with them since the post and haven't been screwed yet Well that's half my concern, the other is that Vick's is gonna turn the way of IAP, and become more predominant in the Alfa's and less concerned about us FIAT guys. Guess I'll just have to wait and see, Kevin

Ed
Ed

April 26th, 2008, 3:02 am #2

Kevin,

I have been buying from Vicks for well over 5 years, and no issues. I too read that post on the Alfa board, but until I have an issue, I'll use them.

Having said that, I would LOVE to give my money to Matt at Midwest. I think I am simply cosmically doomed to never be able to get in touch with him

I don't mind leaving a msg, but I never get my calls returned. Are they an email only business?

Ed

April 26th, 2008, 3:33 am #3

i got ahold of him easily enough. was a pleasure to deal with. never dealt with vicks, but i used to deal with bayless all the time.

April 26th, 2008, 4:10 am #4

He always get's back to me. Very cool to deal with.

Best regards,

Chris

April 26th, 2008, 4:19 am #5

i got ahold of him easily enough. was a pleasure to deal with. never dealt with vicks, but i used to deal with bayless all the time.
because I can NEVER get a hold of anyone at Bayless and because of that I stopped using them long ago. Vicks is another story. I call up and ask for specific parts and get offerred alternatives/specials that save me money. They have been great over the years.

Matt is all over this forum and usually gets back to me same-day. I'm surprised you are having that experience Ed.

RMMJ
1986 Bertone X1/9 a.k.a BlueTooth
www.socalx.com

Jeff Ballard
Jeff Ballard

April 26th, 2008, 4:32 am #6

Kevin,

I have been buying from Vicks for well over 5 years, and no issues. I too read that post on the Alfa board, but until I have an issue, I'll use them.

Having said that, I would LOVE to give my money to Matt at Midwest. I think I am simply cosmically doomed to never be able to get in touch with him

I don't mind leaving a msg, but I never get my calls returned. Are they an email only business?

Ed
Don't think I've ever spoke to Matt, but he has always responded to email quickly ... and he posts here a lot. He should pipe in here!

I have dealt with Vicks, last time a couple of months ago and have had good service, etc.

Jeff

Albert
Albert

April 26th, 2008, 4:33 am #7

because I can NEVER get a hold of anyone at Bayless and because of that I stopped using them long ago. Vicks is another story. I call up and ask for specific parts and get offerred alternatives/specials that save me money. They have been great over the years.

Matt is all over this forum and usually gets back to me same-day. I'm surprised you are having that experience Ed.

RMMJ
www.socalx.com
i have dealt with them personally(as i live close by)and am very satisfied with their service...

April 26th, 2008, 5:33 am #8

RMMJ
www.socalx.com
79 80 81 is when i dealt with bayless

reyy
longtime fiat freak
74 x1/9
san dimas, ca
USA

April 26th, 2008, 6:05 am #9

Hey got a free issue of Classic Motorsports, courtesy of Vick's Autosport today, so I can get to read that interesting article everyone is talking about. Of course I need to apologize to Xweb members, because when I pulled it out of my mailbox, the first thing I thought is "what sorry A#$$^ off that Xweb board gave my address out? and now I'm gonna have to cancel an automatic subscription that I didn't want". Turns out, I don't have to make an effort unless I WANT TO subscribe.
That being said, I googled Vicks, as I didn't have em bookmarked and came upon this post on an Alfa Forum
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/anythin ... texas.html
It is from a disgruntled Alfa guy, talks about Andrew Garcia buying out Vick's and how he has screwed people in the past.I have done biz with them since the post and haven't been screwed yet Well that's half my concern, the other is that Vick's is gonna turn the way of IAP, and become more predominant in the Alfa's and less concerned about us FIAT guys. Guess I'll just have to wait and see, Kevin
I've ordered some stuff from Matt and Probably going to get some more stuff from him in the future, but Vick's is in my Backyard, well closer than Matt, Sometimes I like to make a visit over to Ft Worth, especially if I need it NOW.
My main concern with Vick's is that it's gonna turn into a Mainly Alfa business, kinda like International auto parts, it seems every time I get an IAP catalog, there's one less fiat item in it, Kevin

April 26th, 2008, 10:05 am #10

I've been working with Midwest X1/9 and Matt Bannon for about 5 years now and I am greatly impressed with the service I get from them. If I can get the part needed from Midwest, it's a done deal, if not I turn to Vicks then to IAP. Thats the pecking order that keeps feedin' the three X's I own!