April 26th, 2008, 3:44 am #1

lowered stance

modified engine civer

X addict/masochist
Probablly the ONLY honda tech that drives a fiat

Bobr
Bobr

April 26th, 2008, 1:54 pm #2

The snow sucks....I got some body pannels welded on the back last night. Need more done to finish the metal work. 2 floor pans and a few more trim holes.....I'll be grinding the welds for a while. Bob (the guy who almost stole that car form you last year)

April 26th, 2008, 10:57 pm #3

it was nice and dry tho

anyhoo i need to either get stiffer front springs or lighter rears.. i have another pair of springs, but i dont think they will work cause they would be too light and they are too short

i am unsure of the springrate on these springs so i couldnt tell you what they are, but you can see the picture of them here

and they are all the same springrate as well

so i think having all the same springs all around would inhibit the handling quite a bit.. altho im still new to the custom springrate deal.. im looking to get some springs within a week...
bob if ya wanna drive it again just to see what you think you are more than welcome to

X addict/masochist

Bobr
Bobr

April 26th, 2008, 11:56 pm #4

Its yours to try but its mine and I want it back....might help stiffin up the front. Still grinding welds.....

April 26th, 2008, 11:58 pm #5

do i gotta drill some holes?

X addict/masochist

86X

April 27th, 2008, 12:55 am #6

it was nice and dry tho

anyhoo i need to either get stiffer front springs or lighter rears.. i have another pair of springs, but i dont think they will work cause they would be too light and they are too short

i am unsure of the springrate on these springs so i couldnt tell you what they are, but you can see the picture of them here

so i think having all the same springs all around would inhibit the handling quite a bit.. altho im still new to the custom springrate deal.. im looking to get some springs within a week...
bob if ya wanna drive it again just to see what you think you are more than welcome to

X addict/masochist
You can determine the spring rate by measuring the diameter of the wire and coil and by counting the number of coils.

K=d^4G/8ND^3

K = the spring rate
D = the diameter or the coil
d = the diameter of the wire
G = the material torsional modulus (use 11,500,000}
Last edited by 86X on April 28th, 2008, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobr
Bobr

April 27th, 2008, 2:42 am #7

do i gotta drill some holes?

X addict/masochist
If you like you can get your self one. Just want a test ride before and after....

April 27th, 2008, 3:26 am #8

lemme figure out the springs first, cause i think a front sway bar wouldnt help one bit

X addict/masochist

April 27th, 2008, 4:03 pm #9

it was nice and dry tho

X addict/masochist
Are these kits marked front and rear? My thinking is they are designed for a car with the engine in the front. Maybe you could switch em front to rear? Just a thought, as I'm no suspension engineer, Kevin

April 28th, 2008, 2:29 am #10

You can determine the spring rate by measuring the diameter of the wire and coil and by counting the number of coils.

K=d^4G/8ND^3

K = the spring rate
D = the diameter or the coil
d = the diameter of the wire
G = the material torsional modulus (use 11,500,000}
You neeed to do the measurements in inches, and you need the mean coil diameter (ie, from centre of wire). Brad . . . are you sure that modulus is correct? I use 12,000,000 (usually) to arrive at a calculation in lb/inch.

Cheers

CD