Rear speaker shelf and Bertone emblems

Rear speaker shelf and Bertone emblems

March 13th, 2008, 3:02 pm #1

Hi Guys:

Does anyone know how the rear speaker shelf comes off? I'd like to secore some new speakers and to do it properly I need to get to the underside of the upholstered shelf

also.......

I'd like to get a new set of Bertone hood and trunk emblems for my '87. I seem to remember someone having some new ones that were not exactly like the originals but they were close - does this ring any bells?

Thanks,
Chris

'87 X1/9
'82 Spider

Bob Brown
Bob Brown

March 13th, 2008, 3:07 pm #2

The speakers have to be installed from the top side, especially on the gas tank (left) side of the car. You CAN get to the right-hand side of (underneath) the speaker by pulling the spare tire, but that's about where it ends. Unless, of course, you want to pull the fuel tank too. -Bob

March 13th, 2008, 3:24 pm #3

-

From the glass lined tanks of old Bertone

March 13th, 2008, 3:40 pm #4

Hi Guys:

Does anyone know how the rear speaker shelf comes off? I'd like to secore some new speakers and to do it properly I need to get to the underside of the upholstered shelf

also.......

I'd like to get a new set of Bertone hood and trunk emblems for my '87. I seem to remember someone having some new ones that were not exactly like the originals but they were close - does this ring any bells?

Thanks,
Chris

'87 X1/9
'82 Spider
Hello Chris,

Yes, we have NEW Bertone X 1/9 emblems. Original from Bertone Torino/Italy. There were 3 different types of Bertone emblems between 1981 and 1988. This is the latest type Carrozzeria Bertone also used for the Fiat Strada Cabrio.
Euro 27 for one + shipping Euro 4

<br/>

E-mail: martens.tuil@hetnet.nl

with kind regards,
Henk Martens
X 1/9 Parts Holland

March 13th, 2008, 3:42 pm #5

Hi Guys:

also.......

Thanks,
Chris

'87 X1/9
'82 Spider
Depends on how the vinyl fabric covers the shelf, but you may be able to push the whole thing up and out from the spare tire well. I did this on mine, then I made a small opening in the vinyl at the end of the shelf (completely unnoticeable once its back in place), slid out the old hardboard support (mine was broken up into many pieces), had a new piece of MDF cut to size, and made some 6"x4" speaker cut outs with a jigsaw:
New support at the top!!

I used the original Blaupunkt covers that came with the car, not the nasty new ones shown in the picture! (They wouldn't have fitted anyway, but luckily the new Blaupunkt speakers fitted to the old grilles perfectly).

I installed the piece of wood back in the vinyl, then used bolts and nuts underneath to secure the new speakers and popped it all back in.

Last edited by Phil_UK on March 13th, 2008, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2008, 3:54 pm #6

<NT>

March 13th, 2008, 4:01 pm #7

Hello Chris,

Yes, we have NEW Bertone X 1/9 emblems. Original from Bertone Torino/Italy. There were 3 different types of Bertone emblems between 1981 and 1988. This is the latest type Carrozzeria Bertone also used for the Fiat Strada Cabrio.
Euro 27 for one + shipping Euro 4

<br/>

E-mail: martens.tuil@hetnet.nl

with kind regards,
Henk Martens
X 1/9 Parts Holland
Can I used this emblems on the front and rear truck hood ? just push them into 2 holes, and would fit there ?

Bob Brown
Bob Brown

March 13th, 2008, 4:08 pm #8

Hi Guys:

also.......

Thanks,
Chris

'87 X1/9
'82 Spider
If you have access to some aluminum framing, for example...

March 13th, 2008, 4:14 pm #9

<NT>

Charlie
Charlie

March 13th, 2008, 4:40 pm #10

Can I used this emblems on the front and rear truck hood ? just push them into 2 holes, and would fit there ?
That emblem Henk sends does not have the locating pins on because they were different positions on the Cabrio version, but fix great with sealant and waterproof too.....