omg oops!

omg oops!

August 23rd, 2008, 10:51 pm #1

so im redoing my master cylinders and supply hoses.. and i got everything in.. and just about to mount the reservoirs back in.. and i was like.. umm which hose goes to which reservoir?

sooo pop quiz.. without replacing anything, or shooting fluids into the brake system how can i identify which hose for which pedal?

X addict/masochist
Probablly the ONLY honda tech that drives a fiat

August 23rd, 2008, 11:41 pm #2

http://www.network54.com/Forum/12159/me ... er+Success

Regards,

Brian

Brisbane, Australia
1979 1300

Mike Richmond
Mike Richmond

August 24th, 2008, 12:06 am #3

so im redoing my master cylinders and supply hoses.. and i got everything in.. and just about to mount the reservoirs back in.. and i was like.. umm which hose goes to which reservoir?

sooo pop quiz.. without replacing anything, or shooting fluids into the brake system how can i identify which hose for which pedal?

X addict/masochist
Open one of the bleeder screws, blow in the hoses, and note which hose makes air come out of the open screw.

MikeR ('86 X)

August 24th, 2008, 12:41 am #4

X addict/masochist
Seems like they should be fine either way.

Gregory Smith

'87 Bertone X1/9 Corsa
'88 VW Vanagon
Olympia, Washington, USA

August 24th, 2008, 2:07 am #5

which one goes to which circuit, hence why i wanna get it right...

X addict/masochist

August 24th, 2008, 7:53 am #6

open one bleeder for front brakes, one from rear brakes and the one for your clutch, buy an extra quart of fluid and hook up your new pressure bleeder to one of the reservoirs, start pumping pedals and see which one bleeds first,

alternative, drop steering column, disconnect all hoses, and run compressed air through them or pour brake fluid in one reservoir at a time and wait downstream for the hose to drip, then slip it onto the corresponding nipple
good luck with it

August 24th, 2008, 3:27 pm #7

and call it done...

August 24th, 2008, 3:55 pm #8

which one goes to which circuit, hence why i wanna get it right...

X addict/masochist
Which is which, you'll be fine. Hook one up, see which it supplies. Label or swap to meet your need to match stock locations (whatever that is).

Gregory Smith

'87 Bertone X1/9 Corsa
'88 VW Vanagon
Olympia, Washington, USA