Offer to Mac or anyone else here...

Offer to Mac or anyone else here...

Brett Melancon
Brett Melancon

February 22nd, 2005, 3:01 pm #1

I am currently working on the next issue of FLU's RICAMBI. We have a considerable influence and offer one thing that the web cannot, bathroom reading. I would be willing to offer the cover story to Mac or anyone willing to compile a story on this concept. Now is your chance to set the record straight in print and see what happens. I could run the concept on the cover of the issue and whatever story you can come up with inside.

The RICAMBI is mailed out all over the world and is read by many who have an interest in Fiat's future.
Anyone want to step up and submit a story?

I was going to run a re-print of one of the magazine's stories anyway but since it is no longer accurate, this would be better.
Brett

Mac
Mac

February 22nd, 2005, 7:14 pm #2

When must said article be received? When is the Ricambi set to be in the hands (or bathrooms) of Fiat folks? How many words are we talking about? I'm flattered that you would invite me, but unless it is something relatively brief, I may not be the one to pull it off. Perhaps one of our fellow creative writers here (or you Brett?) would better deserve the Ricambi spotlight? No matter who wrote it, I think giving the car and this 'mission' about it MORE publicity / coverage to our fellow Fiat friends can only be a good thing!

Of at least equal importance as setting the record straight is then following that up with what we are here attempting to do about it all. ONE NOTE to whoever writes it: NO mention of our "friends" OK?

Peace, -Mac

Brett Melancon
Brett Melancon

February 22nd, 2005, 8:08 pm #3

really, all we need is the facts from an enthusiasts point of view. I try to stay away from writing since I do the rest of the editing and layout.

Feel free to recruit anyone you wish. As for the deadline, how does March 1 or 2nd sound?
Brett

February 23rd, 2005, 1:18 am #4

I am currently working on the next issue of FLU's RICAMBI. We have a considerable influence and offer one thing that the web cannot, bathroom reading. I would be willing to offer the cover story to Mac or anyone willing to compile a story on this concept. Now is your chance to set the record straight in print and see what happens. I could run the concept on the cover of the issue and whatever story you can come up with inside.

The RICAMBI is mailed out all over the world and is read by many who have an interest in Fiat's future.

I was going to run a re-print of one of the magazine's stories anyway but since it is no longer accurate, this would be better.
Brett
I really think Mac should get dibs on this because it is his forum, but if for any reason, Mac backs out, I'd wouldn't mind a crack at it myself. Cheers.

BladeLawless -frontman of the Muthurlode http://unsignedbandweb.com/music/Muthurlode or
http://garageband.com/artist/Muthurlode
79 X1/9 never ending resto-mod
and proud owner of red, white and blue paneled 79 parts car.

Mac
Mac

February 23rd, 2005, 10:41 am #5

Brett
I'm sorry Brett but I am probably not going to be able to do it.

I would advise you either yourself or with the aid of some Xhead here do a sort of a "point / counter point" (to use your own words from downstream) making the controversy that swirls around this concept the central point

Sort of a He said She said, but more like a Media said, IED said, Fiat said

Media said "It's the NEW X1/9 Blasting back in 2007!"

IED said "Its a car of its own NOTHING to do with X1/9 and Webasto stole our top!"

Fiat said "It IS inspired by the X1/9's "spirit" but not the geometry!"

Geez that could be fun, I wish I had the time to do it, alas I don't.

Anyone want to help Brett out on that?

Peace, -Mac

Brett Melancon
Brett Melancon

February 23rd, 2005, 3:23 pm #6

If someone will write it. Think about it.
Brett

February 23rd, 2005, 9:59 pm #7

just give me some idea of what you want.

BladeLawless -frontman of the Muthurlode http://unsignedbandweb.com/music/Muthurlode or
http://garageband.com/artist/Muthurlode
79 X1/9 never ending resto-mod
and proud owner of red, white and blue paneled 79 parts car.