More on exausts....

More on exausts....

May 10th, 2008, 9:32 pm #1

Got out the welder today and added a homemade baffle to the end of my tailpipe. Snapped a few pics while at it. Enjoy

Later, Kelvin

htf

May 10th, 2008, 9:45 pm #2

Really nice.
Is that a carbon muffler?

HaXD
Herzel, in Israel

WhiteX
The late Green '85 X1/9

May 10th, 2008, 10:20 pm #3

Got out the welder today and added a homemade baffle to the end of my tailpipe. Snapped a few pics while at it. Enjoy

Later, Kelvin
- box it up and send it to me.

ah, crap, it poops out the wrong side.

Sure looks great - how's the sound?

RMMJ
1986 Bertone X1/9 a.k.a BlueTooth
www.socalx.com

May 10th, 2008, 10:41 pm #4

Later, Kelvin
goes out the right side for me. whats that fitting for

reyy
longtime fiat freak
74 x1/9
san dimas, ca
USA

Stockton Brad
Stockton Brad

May 11th, 2008, 12:30 am #5

Later, Kelvin
when you were doing your restoration, Kelvin. What beautiful work!

Regards

Kelvin,Hickory CreekTX.USA

May 11th, 2008, 2:33 am #6

Really nice.
Is that a carbon muffler?

HaXD
Herzel, in Israel

WhiteX
The late Green '85 X1/9
for the kind words, yes...it is a carbon shell muffler with stainless ends and inards. It is a motorcycle muffler made by Borla, dunno the application. 2-1/4" inlet and outlet. Got it on evilbay a while back. Seems Borla no longer makes bike mufflers.
Later, Kelvin

May 11th, 2008, 2:47 am #7

- box it up and send it to me.

ah, crap, it poops out the wrong side.

Sure looks great - how's the sound?

RMMJ
1986 Bertone X1/9 a.k.a BlueTooth
www.socalx.com
is OK.......for a car that only see's 1k miles a year I guess, If I had to spend more time in it, it would likley become annoying.
Later, Kelvin

May 11th, 2008, 3:00 am #8

goes out the right side for me. whats that fitting for

reyy
longtime fiat freak
74 x1/9
san dimas, ca
USA
Is for crankcase vent tube. It's a one-way reed valve that draws a vacuume on the crankcase via exaust flow. Commonly used by the drag racing crowd.
Later, Kelvin

Ricardo
Ricardo

May 11th, 2008, 6:41 am #9

Later, Kelvin
I saw your car restoration long time ago and i didn't know who was the owner, on my files i have pictures from your restoration and now i know who's the owner of this "bella machina"

Nice!
Ricardo
X19/79

wombat
wombat

May 11th, 2008, 4:36 pm #10

Later, Kelvin
Summit Racing sell Borla exhausts ... apart from being used on VW Golfs and slammed Civics ... the carbon fiber motorbicycle exhaust systems are just great.

A used carbon fiber cans on a Laverda Jota and a Laverda 650 Formula. Replaced the Termignoni ... Borla can be had in stainless, carbon, with different inlet and outlet.

Visit store.summitracing.com and browse by exhaust and brand ... don't overlook termignoni.com ...

Don't forget you changed the way the engine can breathe out ... what about breathing in and timing ...