Luggage Rack Question / Poll

Luggage Rack Question / Poll

JJ
JJ

April 1st, 2008, 1:48 am #1

Ok Im asking everyone to chime in their opinion on weather or not to keep the luggage rack or take it off before painting this car. I am curious from both an asthetic side and a resale side. What do you say. Stay? or Go?

PS I just saw one of these racks sell on ebay for 92 dollars. JJ

April 1st, 2008, 1:59 am #2

Have both lids painted and then you are covered for whatever occasion arises.

At least, that's what I plan to do when I get my 78 repainted.

jd

Code: Select all

1978                1986  \
[/b]
2005 FFO Photo Gallery

JJ
JJ

April 1st, 2008, 2:05 am #3

And I have a feeling I will sell this car after I paint it. I like it but Im putting most of my Money in the Dallara so I cant keep both. The other question is should I keep the Tron wheels or put on some that look like my old Yellow car? I know some people on the forum here are in search of the tron wheels and they dont really float my boat. Or do you think the car needs to remain original? Lots of questions on what to do with a car you know you wont keep but you still like to alter..... JJ

April 1st, 2008, 2:13 am #4

Ok Im asking everyone to chime in their opinion on weather or not to keep the luggage rack or take it off before painting this car. I am curious from both an asthetic side and a resale side. What do you say. Stay? or Go?

You can get an extra trunk for pretty cheap.

April 1st, 2008, 2:28 am #5

And I have a feeling I will sell this car after I paint it. I like it but Im putting most of my Money in the Dallara so I cant keep both. The other question is should I keep the Tron wheels or put on some that look like my old Yellow car? I know some people on the forum here are in search of the tron wheels and they dont really float my boat. Or do you think the car needs to remain original? Lots of questions on what to do with a car you know you wont keep but you still like to alter..... JJ
If your going to sell it, you might as well keep the luggage rack on it.

=========================================================
1982 Fiat X-1/9 (the pee'd off bumble bee) Soon to be Turbo'd

April 1st, 2008, 2:28 am #6

You can get a trunk lid pretty cheap. Check with Giant. Then you can advertise the crap out of "TWO TRUNK LIDS".... I know you love to advertise. Thais optional rack would let you take a whole second set of pictures of the car for Ebay. With rack and without.

And it gives me a chance to use this picture again. (Tell Mary thanks for the Mag cover to needle you with for years and years!!! HA!!)

If you are truly just refurbing and turning it around, go ahead and leave the Trons on it. They were original, so they can't hurt the value. Unless you don't have the center caps I guess.

jd

Code: Select all

1978                1986  \
[/b]
2005 FFO Photo Gallery
Last edited by JimDecker on April 1st, 2008, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2008, 2:35 am #7

repaint I'll also paint a spare lid I have, and will try switching. I guess I prefer it without as the X has lots of lines and style as is. Since it's already on, the buyer can always remove it anyway,and less cost to you.

Bob Brown
Bob Brown

April 1st, 2008, 3:06 am #8

It makes no difference when you sell the car. Either way. If you already have holes present, keep it on there.

My opinion. -Bob

April 1st, 2008, 3:08 am #9

Because I have a set to sell.

Gregory Smith

'87 Bertone X1/9 Corsa
'88 VW Vanagon
Olympia, Washington, USA

April 1st, 2008, 3:17 am #10

RMMJ
1986 Bertone X1/9 a.k.a BlueTooth
www.socalx.com