Just took a victory lap

Just took a victory lap

April 7th, 2008, 11:16 pm #1

Today was really a great day. Driving to work this morning with Hendrix,Trout,Chubby,and Thackery was absolutely delightful. Must have been 20 years since I have heard that tune.

Ok back on topic. I spent a few minutes on the turbo installation buttoning up the little issue that appeared on Saturday, then I ran out of tasks to do. We are a little over 6 years into what originially was going to be a bolt on installation.

Turn the key and she lights up.... Nobody around... Creeping out of the driveway.... Onto the main road... Light acceleration in first... A little more acceleration in second... 2PSI of boost, YEHAW we have boost pressure!!! Damn, that is satisfying !! I slowed down, turned around, accelerated lightly, shifted into 3rd... What the hell you only live once, wonder what happens when I stomp on it ?! Well, the answer is [size=300]HOLY $#!% !!! [/size] Wow. Unreal. Simply unreal. I took my foot out of it once I exceeded 4PSI. 4PSI isn't much on paper, but by my rough math it is an extra 16HP. 20% more HP in third is definitely not a bad thing !! I was really stoked since that was the maiden run and I can't stop smiling!

Dayem, that was goooooood. Got to tune it a little bit, but holy cow, that was 6 years WELL SPENT. Giggity giggity !

From the glass lined tanks of old Bertone

April 7th, 2008, 11:26 pm #2

So when does mass production begin?

Glad to hear you are having so much fun with your new turbo. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

jd

Code: Select all

1978                1986  \
[/b]
2005 FFO Photo Gallery

April 8th, 2008, 12:04 am #3

Today was really a great day. Driving to work this morning with Hendrix,Trout,Chubby,and Thackery was absolutely delightful. Must have been 20 years since I have heard that tune.

Ok back on topic. I spent a few minutes on the turbo installation buttoning up the little issue that appeared on Saturday, then I ran out of tasks to do. We are a little over 6 years into what originially was going to be a bolt on installation.

Turn the key and she lights up.... Nobody around... Creeping out of the driveway.... Onto the main road... Light acceleration in first... A little more acceleration in second... 2PSI of boost, YEHAW we have boost pressure!!! Damn, that is satisfying !! I slowed down, turned around, accelerated lightly, shifted into 3rd... What the hell you only live once, wonder what happens when I stomp on it ?! Well, the answer is [size=300]HOLY $#!% !!! [/size] Wow. Unreal. Simply unreal. I took my foot out of it once I exceeded 4PSI. 4PSI isn't much on paper, but by my rough math it is an extra 16HP. 20% more HP in third is definitely not a bad thing !! I was really stoked since that was the maiden run and I can't stop smiling!

Dayem, that was goooooood. Got to tune it a little bit, but holy cow, that was 6 years WELL SPENT. Giggity giggity !

^^

Jim W. (in the Northeast)

rick
rick

April 8th, 2008, 12:29 am #4

Enjoy...... did you guys get together last weekend?

April 8th, 2008, 1:33 am #5

When we fired up the Dallara racer and got it on wheels for the first time. It was well after dark and we drove it up and down the street with no body on it. But, hey, it ran, and what a thrill after all that work!! Yes, I can relate.

Great news, Damon.

Ciao,

Mark Plaia
SeaX member #007
74 X1/9 - il mela verde
fiatmarko@comcast.net

April 8th, 2008, 2:24 am #6

Sounds like fun. Take it easy as you learn your way into it and all the changes it brings.

In my case my cars have been parked in my garage for the last five years, locked in by a table saw and other wood working detritus. That and what if I lose my job jitters which has been going on and off for years in my industry.

So congrats on doing an impressive job of adding some significant performance to your X.

April 8th, 2008, 2:39 am #7

Your just gonna push me aren't you..?

LOL, great news Damon, just you wait.

=========================================================
1982 Fiat X-1/9 (the pee'd off bumble bee) Soon to be Turbo'd

Bob Brown
Bob Brown

April 8th, 2008, 2:41 am #8

After hearing it run on Saturday, when you snapped the throttle up a couple times, I knew you were going to have a hot (not literally) running engine. Glad you got the pump pully back together again in such short order. We gotta drag it this summer, see what it's got over a stock engine.

-Bob

Damonfg
Damonfg

April 8th, 2008, 2:47 pm #9

Sounds like fun. Take it easy as you learn your way into it and all the changes it brings.

In my case my cars have been parked in my garage for the last five years, locked in by a table saw and other wood working detritus. That and what if I lose my job jitters which has been going on and off for years in my industry.

So congrats on doing an impressive job of adding some significant performance to your X.
So I fired up a little side gig to negate the stress and uncertainty!

htf

April 8th, 2008, 5:56 pm #10

I know very little about turbos, actualy nothing, but you sound so enthusiastic about yours you got me jumping in my seat yelling yeapie kayea mo%%er F&cker.
I am happy for you Damonfg.

HaXD
Herzel, in Israel

WhiteX
The late Green '85 X1/9