Just Proud of my new bumpers

Just Proud of my new bumpers

Alex Lacey
Alex Lacey

August 18th, 2008, 7:04 pm #1

Didnt expect these replica fibreglass euro bumpers to be quite the pain to fit that they were. Anyhow, I believe the hard work means I can show them off.

[/IMG]

I know. still gotta do the back.

Pat Higginbotham
Pat Higginbotham

August 18th, 2008, 7:17 pm #2

What was the problem in fitting them?

Joe F
Joe F

August 18th, 2008, 7:48 pm #3

Didnt expect these replica fibreglass euro bumpers to be quite the pain to fit that they were. Anyhow, I believe the hard work means I can show them off.

[/IMG]

I gotta get those for my 87!

I noticed you kept the original front air scoop/dam.

Was it a matter of modifying the bumper shocks?

I must have all the details.

Joe F
87 Bert

August 18th, 2008, 8:05 pm #4

[/IMG]

Anything that looks that nice usually is. Great job!
Bob Brown

August 18th, 2008, 9:44 pm #5

[/IMG]

Makes me very tempted to do the same - great work.

Now get to work on the back

Alex Lacey
Alex Lacey

August 18th, 2008, 9:54 pm #6

[/IMG]

They were difficult as they are just the shells, no brackets or fittings. Had to bond in M8 bolts in the fronts and a captive nut for the sides (i hated drilling a hole in the wings). I had originally planned to go bumperless but ran out of ideas and talent, its not the original grill, its mesh, and the opening there has been modified with fibreglass. Took ages to cut the bumper stocks off, wouldnt have had to if i decided on this in the first place. But i like to make work for myself. This is how far i got bumperless.

[/IMG]

Now im not so happy with the spoiler.

/adds another job to list.

P.s Anyone know why my left indicator comes on once then stops flashing? I can still hear the relay ticking, but i only get one flash. I am going to check i havent disturbed anything behind the headlight. but it did it a few weeks back, then went alright again.

August 18th, 2008, 11:07 pm #7

[/IMG]

reyy
longtime fiat freak
74 x1/9
san dimas, ca
USA

August 19th, 2008, 1:24 am #8

They were difficult as they are just the shells, no brackets or fittings. Had to bond in M8 bolts in the fronts and a captive nut for the sides (i hated drilling a hole in the wings). I had originally planned to go bumperless but ran out of ideas and talent, its not the original grill, its mesh, and the opening there has been modified with fibreglass. Took ages to cut the bumper stocks off, wouldnt have had to if i decided on this in the first place. But i like to make work for myself. This is how far i got bumperless.

[/IMG]

Now im not so happy with the spoiler.

/adds another job to list.

P.s Anyone know why my left indicator comes on once then stops flashing? I can still hear the relay ticking, but i only get one flash. I am going to check i havent disturbed anything behind the headlight. but it did it a few weeks back, then went alright again.
Especially the ground, and the bulb. If the bulb doesn't pass enough current, it will not heat the thermal flasher sufficiently to make it work.

I like to tighten the center prong, by pulling it outwards, to ensure a tight connection. The sides of the socket are the ground, so you can get better grounding this way as well.

Gregory Smith

'87 Bertone X1/9 Corsa
'88 VW Vanagon
Olympia, Washington, USA