Japanese classic car show closest airport in Irving California....

Japanese classic car show closest airport in Irving California....

Albert
Albert

August 19th, 2008, 6:42 am #1

I may be trying to go to the Japanese classic car show(october 12) and would like to know how to get there from DFW TX.Which would be the place to land and how close from the show and nay hotel reccomendations?.I know its not Fiat related but a good excuse to hang around nice cars and maybe meet some of you guys.First round on me............Albert

August 19th, 2008, 3:04 pm #2

If you're sure the show is in Orange County, John Wayne Airport is right in the middle of the more densely populated parts of Orange County. There are hotels everywhere. There are no bad neighborhoods in OC, you won't have to worry about getting mugged.

Cheers,

Cesare

JJ
JJ

August 19th, 2008, 4:04 pm #3

I may be trying to go to the Japanese classic car show(october 12) and would like to know how to get there from DFW TX.Which would be the place to land and how close from the show and nay hotel reccomendations?.I know its not Fiat related but a good excuse to hang around nice cars and maybe meet some of you guys.First round on me............Albert
See all the shows. I will show you around. Lots to see. JJ

August 19th, 2008, 4:28 pm #4

John Wayne Airport - Recommend either one of the DoubleTree's (there's a Club and a regular hotel). Or you can crash at my place - I have an extra room. Let me know.

RMMJ
1986 Bertone X1/9 a.k.a BlueTooth
www.socalx.com
Last edited by socalx19 on August 19th, 2008, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albert
Albert

August 19th, 2008, 5:03 pm #5

I don`t think AA(i work for them and fly for free,for now) flies to John Wayne airport from DFW but we do for sure fly to SNA/Santa Ana if i remember well.This is in OC right?....if so how far from Irving then? Also,if i get to go i won`t be flying solo,wifey says she wants to go too.But she`s good for beers,Corona Lights in particular........
Its a one day only show on Sunday the 12.So i`m planning leaving DFW evening on friday and coming back late sunday or early monday.Dont know yet for sure,still in the planning.
Rudy,thanks much for the offer,will have to ask wife though.You how it goes........
First round still on me,what the heck,maybe some more..........Al

August 19th, 2008, 6:06 pm #6

The show's website says it is going to be at the Hidden Valley Park in Irvine, CA.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 39453&z=11

According to maps.google.com John Wayne Airport is airport code SNA and looks to be less than 2-3 miles from Irvine, CA.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 09863&z=13

American Airlines runs quite a few nonstops to and from DFW and SNA daily.

There are 10 AA flights from DFW to SNA on Fri 10/10/08, six of which are at 12:10pm local or later (12:10, 1:55, 3:25, 5:05, 7:10, and 9:15pm).

There are nine AA flights from SNA to DFW on Sun 10/12/08, three of which are at 4pm local or later (4:00, 5:25, 7:10pm).
Last edited by FlyerFanDan on August 19th, 2008, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albert
Albert

August 19th, 2008, 6:44 pm #7

good to know that.Out of 8yrs in AA,2 of them in DFW,now i know its the same airport.We only work by city codes here.So if you need any i probably know it!!!! jajajaja...lol ,but no airport names as you can tell.............Thanks much Dan

August 19th, 2008, 6:44 pm #8

I don`t think AA(i work for them and fly for free,for now) flies to John Wayne airport from DFW but we do for sure fly to SNA/Santa Ana if i remember well.This is in OC right?....if so how far from Irving then? Also,if i get to go i won`t be flying solo,wifey says she wants to go too.But she`s good for beers,Corona Lights in particular........
Its a one day only show on Sunday the 12.So i`m planning leaving DFW evening on friday and coming back late sunday or early monday.Dont know yet for sure,still in the planning.
Rudy,thanks much for the offer,will have to ask wife though.You how it goes........
First round still on me,what the heck,maybe some more..........Al
I have taken that AA flight to DFW many times....MD80's...ugh!

Irvine is like a minute away, depending on where you are going.

RMMJ
www.socalx.com

Albert
Albert

August 19th, 2008, 6:51 pm #9

good to know that.Out of 8yrs in AA,2 of them in DFW,now i know its the same airport.We only work by city codes here.So if you need any i probably know it!!!! jajajaja...lol ,but no airport names as you can tell.............Thanks much Dan
seems like everything is right there very close by.Not bad as i have never been in CA.Hope to really make it........Al

Albert
Albert

August 19th, 2008, 6:57 pm #10

I have taken that AA flight to DFW many times....MD80's...ugh!

Irvine is like a minute away, depending on where you are going.

RMMJ
www.socalx.com
tell me about it,i work around them every day!!! but AA is gonna start replacing them with 737`s starting next yr.Thou its gonna take a while to replace the whole fleet of MD-80`s,too many of them on our "national"(domestic)fleet.............I have stories