Here is my shot at a Targa Bar version.

February 13th, 2005, 1:36 am #2

dqwd

February 13th, 2005, 2:13 am #3

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DOUG for modifying that targa bar's sloped back leading edge!!! That is the one thing that bothered me most about the side view of the concept!

Now I KNOW either Webasto could make that targa top work, or just make it manual removal. Hey, without back seats, there could be enough room to stow it behind the front seats, maybe?

This worked out pretty nicely, your 2 seat targa with my tail end on it:

I'll have to try for doing the tail of the profile another time, unless someone else wants to do it up to match? -Mac

Peace, -Mac

(PS Doug, thanks for the pic of your stainless overflow tank! haha)
Last edited by seattlex19 on February 13th, 2005, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

DougESmith
DougESmith

February 13th, 2005, 3:58 am #4

even if I have to import it from Europe myself!!!!

Mac
Mac

February 13th, 2005, 4:01 am #5

Brad in Stockton
Brad in Stockton

February 13th, 2005, 6:37 pm #6

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DOUG for modifying that targa bar's sloped back leading edge!!! That is the one thing that bothered me most about the side view of the concept!

Now I KNOW either Webasto could make that targa top work, or just make it manual removal. Hey, without back seats, there could be enough room to stow it behind the front seats, maybe?

This worked out pretty nicely, your 2 seat targa with my tail end on it:

I'll have to try for doing the tail of the profile another time, unless someone else wants to do it up to match? -Mac

Peace, -Mac

(PS Doug, thanks for the pic of your stainless overflow tank! haha)
There may be a future in automotive design for you both!

Regards,

Brad in Stockton

Mac
Mac

February 13th, 2005, 7:13 pm #7

... so hey if any of you design studios watching this want to hire me, I bet I could be had a lot more cheaply than any of your Master's degree holders!

Peace, -Mac

Mac
Mac

February 13th, 2005, 9:31 pm #8

Could you email me the originals of your modified concept? I want to do a little rework of the rear end on both of them but pulling them off the page here the jpg artifacting is getting too much to work around.

Email me copies of the bmp images you worked with, or if you did them in jpg all along, those will have to do.

Thanks, -Mac

DougESmith
DougESmith

February 13th, 2005, 9:33 pm #9

There may be a future in automotive design for you both!

Regards,

Brad in Stockton
I keep tellin the wife I am quiting the day job to build custom bikes and cars since the money seems to be there and not Telecom. Unless my cable provider doesnt show PIMP my DSL or West Coast Websters?????

DougESmith
DougESmith

February 13th, 2005, 9:36 pm #10

Could you email me the originals of your modified concept? I want to do a little rework of the rear end on both of them but pulling them off the page here the jpg artifacting is getting too much to work around.

Email me copies of the bmp images you worked with, or if you did them in jpg all along, those will have to do.

Thanks, -Mac
asdasd