Front spoiler mod

Front spoiler mod

Bob
Bob

April 5th, 2008, 9:58 pm #1

It looks like I can modify the front spoiler from my 80 X to fit the car if I go bumperless. Has anyone else done this? A pic would be wonderful.....

April 5th, 2008, 10:37 pm #2

G'day Bob,
have you got that big rubber sponge one? I was just talking about doing something with that, mines cracked torn etc.. maybe a plastic one smaller? or fab up aluminium sheet and bolt on.
what's your ideas on it?
Cheers Neil

Bob
Bob

April 5th, 2008, 11:29 pm #3

Looks like I can fab it to work. I don't want to start and reck a good plastic one.....

Andrew Coles
Andrew Coles

April 7th, 2008, 3:34 am #4

It looks like I can modify the front spoiler from my 80 X to fit the car if I go bumperless. Has anyone else done this? A pic would be wonderful.....
I did it to mine, if you shave a few mm off either end of the plastic spolier it will fit, it even has the brackets to bolt right in. I trimmed mine up, painted it body color and it looked pretty good. Somewhere on this forum Ive written a post about it with pics, so if you search it should come up!

April 8th, 2008, 3:16 am #5

I brought a plastic one of a bloke thinking it was the rubber one it got the ends damaged but.. I reckon I can plastic weld them or something.
Thanks for that info.
Cheers Neil