FrankenGauges

FrankenGauges

August 11th, 2008, 2:22 am #1

That's what my wife calls them. This was a special project I did over the last couple weeks.

These gauges are TOTALLY electronic, including the Speedometer. (no more speedo cable!)
Two different exposures show day / night effects. I'll NOT be building another!! But I
thought you'd all like to see something different for the X1/9. TOTAL current draw
(including all the gauges) with all lamps lit is less than 0.5 Amps. That's like illuminating
two of the 4 lamps that a normal gauge uses to power the whole thing. Much brighter too.
Bottom picture is a little blurry but you get the idea.

Hope you like. Enjoy!

Bob Brown

August 11th, 2008, 2:28 am #2

I say we would LIKE much better if you would go into business and MAKE your creations for sale. Otherwise they are just another thing we can lust after but can't have!
Got enough of those already!
Awesome.

LarryC, Albuquerque, New Mexico

jake
jake

August 11th, 2008, 2:56 am #3

That's what my wife calls them. This was a special project I did over the last couple weeks.

These gauges are TOTALLY electronic, including the Speedometer. (no more speedo cable!)
Two different exposures show day / night effects. I'll NOT be building another!! But I
thought you'd all like to see something different for the X1/9. TOTAL current draw
(including all the gauges) with all lamps lit is less than 0.5 Amps. That's like illuminating
two of the 4 lamps that a normal gauge uses to power the whole thing. Much brighter too.

Hope you like. Enjoy!

Bob Brown

the sending unit and gauge for the speedometer? i've been thinking of changing mine since if only goes to 85 and the cable is soon to fail.

August 11th, 2008, 3:08 am #4

Requires a complete hack of (the back of) the gauge, board, and connector.
It's not pretty...

August 11th, 2008, 3:38 am #5

Hope you like. Enjoy!

Bob Brown

That is really something. Good job!

Ciao,

Mark Plaia
SeaX member #007
74 X1/9 - il mela verde
fiatmarko@comcast.net

August 11th, 2008, 4:34 am #6

Hope you like. Enjoy!

Bob Brown

wanna make me one?

X addict/masochist
Probablly the ONLY honda tech that drives a fiat

jake
jake

August 11th, 2008, 6:23 am #7

Requires a complete hack of (the back of) the gauge, board, and connector.
It's not pretty...

i've been trying to find a source/info on what sending units are compatible.

August 11th, 2008, 6:29 am #8

Hope you like. Enjoy!

Bob Brown

you never stop to amaze me / us .....

August 11th, 2008, 7:00 am #9

Hope you like. Enjoy!

Bob Brown

August 11th, 2008, 8:37 am #10

i've been trying to find a source/info on what sending units are compatible.
Lots of later Fiats, e.g. Regatas, Tipos, Cromas, Unos had electronic speedometers and senders. The senders look a bit like an oil pressure gauge sender in size and shape, and screw in place exactly like the original speedo cable, so they are an easy swap. Of course then you have to wire the sender to the speedometer (three wires usually), and hack your cluster to fit the electronic speedo in.