FI Wiring

FI Wiring

October 15th, 2008, 3:26 pm #1

FI wiring question?? I have two wires I am not sure of their may go? One wire has 2 white wires with a what looks like a fi type 2 plug connector, comes out of fire wall on the main fi wiring harness. The second is a single wire connector and comes out of harness where injector plugs are. The X is 83 Bertone.
Help is appreciated getting ready to pull motor and rebuild as the car has been sitting for about 12 years and want to label everything I can.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

jake
jake

October 15th, 2008, 3:35 pm #2

Thermo time switch I believe uses that connector also, middle of the block, firewall side.

October 15th, 2008, 3:38 pm #3

FI wiring question?? I have two wires I am not sure of their may go? One wire has 2 white wires with a what looks like a fi type 2 plug connector, comes out of fire wall on the main fi wiring harness. The second is a single wire connector and comes out of harness where injector plugs are. The X is 83 Bertone.
Help is appreciated getting ready to pull motor and rebuild as the car has been sitting for about 12 years and want to label everything I can.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Single wire goes to nothing, at least on my car.

The other likely goes to the thermo switch beside the #2 spark plug.

October 15th, 2008, 5:27 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Judging by the WHITE wires inside, tells me this (these?) are to your fuel injector(s).
Can't tell ya which one though.

The other plug can be positively identified if you can peel back the green sleeving a bit to expose the wire color.

Let us know.

Bob Brown

October 15th, 2008, 5:32 pm #5

Single wire goes to nothing, at least on my car.

The other likely goes to the thermo switch beside the #2 spark plug.
Thanks. I think it is thermo time switch I can’t find it anywhere. Right above #2 spark plug is a thermo vacuum plug like on a carbureted model. Possibly P/O could have stole it off this car ( had a few other parts robbed) and used it on one of his other X’s and just used that to plug hole??

October 15th, 2008, 5:35 pm #6

Judging by the WHITE wires inside, tells me this (these?) are to your fuel injector(s).
Can't tell ya which one though.

The other plug can be positively identified if you can peel back the green sleeving a bit to expose the wire color.

Let us know.

Bob Brown
Wires are white on both plugs. Single wire plug is coming out of harness at fuel injectors but all injectors are connected.

October 15th, 2008, 5:40 pm #7

Away from my sources at the moment....
Bob Brown

October 15th, 2008, 6:29 pm #8

Thanks. I think it is thermo time switch I can’t find it anywhere. Right above #2 spark plug is a thermo vacuum plug like on a carbureted model. Possibly P/O could have stole it off this car ( had a few other parts robbed) and used it on one of his other X’s and just used that to plug hole??
The engine came from a carb'd car.

FWIW, the car will run fine without the thermo-time switch, but will need a few extra cranks to start.

Gregory Smith

'87 Bertone X1/9 Corsa
'88 VW Vanagon
Olympia, Washington, USA

October 15th, 2008, 9:32 pm #9

I don’t think the motor has been replaced. Most likely the thermal sensor was robbed for another car, the radiator cooling fan and a front grill was. But then again with a car that old and the guy I bought it from wasn’t the original owner..?

October 15th, 2008, 9:33 pm #10

Away from my sources at the moment....
Bob Brown
I would really appreciate that.