Euro Front turn signals and bumpers

Euro Front turn signals and bumpers

Tony Feaster
Tony Feaster

June 12th, 2008, 1:49 pm #1

HI all-

I have an 86 that I am either going to go bumperless or find/fab some 74 style bumpers when the time comes. I have found a source for these euro turn signals here in North America and I was wondering if it is possible to mount these where the US 74 turn signals go..

Any ideas or pics if this is possible???

Thanks!
Tony

Ulix
Ulix

June 12th, 2008, 2:06 pm #2

...since the turn signal are identical except for the lens color!

Ulix
Ulix

June 12th, 2008, 2:08 pm #3

Photobucket is blocked here, so I can't see the pic you posted.

1974 turn signals are identical Euro and US.

Tony Feaster
Tony Feaster

June 12th, 2008, 2:10 pm #4

Tony

June 12th, 2008, 3:09 pm #5

HI all-

I have an 86 that I am either going to go bumperless or find/fab some 74 style bumpers when the time comes. I have found a source for these euro turn signals here in North America and I was wondering if it is possible to mount these where the US 74 turn signals go..

Thanks!
Tony

Bob Brown

Tony Feaster
Tony Feaster

June 12th, 2008, 3:25 pm #6

I hope you don't mind me using a pic of your car.

Do you know if those signals will fit in the stock hole or not?

Tony

June 12th, 2008, 3:39 pm #7

The mounts for them are very different than the single color type. Also, the shape of these are different (angled) on the back side:

Paul Valente
Paul Valente

June 12th, 2008, 4:49 pm #8

Tony Feaster
Tony Feaster

June 12th, 2008, 4:51 pm #9

NT

Alex Lacey
Alex Lacey

June 12th, 2008, 5:05 pm #10

HI all-

Thanks!
Tony

[/IMG]

I decided to go bumperless last weekend. The lights do fit in the holes but its not ideal. Ive wedged them in for now because i need to use the car and it was due for its yearly safety test (which it passed, with flying colours. 20 years old and still no welding!) I havent looked too hard yet but am thinking that the right ones will be difficult to get hold of. I havent finished it yet as i'm having trouble getting the bertone paint "rosso micalizzato" so havent finished filling in holes. The closest they could mix at my local paint shop was a shade of subaru paint but its not right. I havent taken the back bumper off yet but getting the front to this stage was loads more work than i expected, if you need it i got some pics on what i did, as you can see i tried to keep it simple, the only parts i needed was a bit of fibreglass and resin and a sheet of grill and the plastic trim on the front. Plus i gotta get a smaller number plate.