Carb Help...

Carb Help...

May 2nd, 2008, 8:46 am #1

Hi All, I have a question regarding my (new) carb. When i bought my X 2½ years ago the OE carb a 34 DATR 7/250 was beyond repair. This was before i knew of Xweb. So i contacted a company here in Denmark that sold carbs, and was told that they could supply me with a new one. Well it was slighty different with an electric magnetic valve and electric choke. So after calling them i was told that i could just swap the choke housing out with the original. This worked fine. The company closed down 2 months after .Now i have come so far that the carb is now installed, but there is an extra pipe at the side of the magnetic valve. After checking the numbers i actually have a 34 DATR 9/250. As far as i can tell this is from a Lancia.So Can anyone help by telling me what this extra pipe is for.

Thanks
Jerry
Last edited by JerryLawrence on May 2nd, 2008, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 2nd, 2008, 9:42 am #2

but i am sure some1 will give you the right answer.

PS> nice shinning carb

DARREN NZ
DARREN NZ

May 2nd, 2008, 9:42 am #3

Hi All, I have a question regarding my (new) carb. When i bought my X 2½ years ago the OE carb a 34 DATR 7/250 was beyond repair. This was before i knew of Xweb. So i contacted a company here in Denmark that sold carbs, and was told that they could supply me with a new one. Well it was slighty different with an electric magnetic valve and electric choke. So after calling them i was told that i could just swap the choke housing out with the original. This worked fine. The company closed down 2 months after .Now i have come so far that the carb is now installed, but there is an extra pipe at the side of the magnetic valve. After checking the numbers i actually have a 34 DATR 9/250. As far as i can tell this is from a Lancia.So Can anyone help by telling me what this extra pipe is for.

Thanks
Jerry
Not 100% sure but is that that the vacuum hose that leads to the air filter cleaner.

I'm sure the other guys will be able to help.

Darren (NZ)

Jerry
Jerry

May 2nd, 2008, 10:08 am #4

that is further up on the side like the 34 DATR 7/250.

martijn
martijn

May 2nd, 2008, 10:25 am #5

Thanks
Jerry
isn't it for the vaccuum advance system of the ignition? the x doesn't use this always maybe the lancia does.

gr
martijn
www.x19forum.nl

Jerry
Jerry

May 2nd, 2008, 10:30 am #6

my X has no vaccum advance, so I cant se where i should connect this extra pipe to.

May 2nd, 2008, 12:49 pm #7

or connect it to the vacuum port on the head, which i think would be a safe alternative as well

X addict/masochist
Probablly the ONLY honda tech that drives a fiat

May 2nd, 2008, 3:18 pm #8

I have a 34DATR on my X, and am not using any of the vacuum ports. Not sure if I have the spud that you're referring to (X is at home today), but if I do I'm sure that it it is capped. I'd suggest capping this one on your carb.

Other than having had to fiddle with the static timing a bit initially, my car's run well like this for years.

John
'80 1500 w/34DATR
Columbus OH

htf

May 2nd, 2008, 4:11 pm #9

Thanks
Jerry
But this engine looks clean.
I LOVE clean engines.
Enjoy

HaXD
Herzel, in Israel

WhiteX
The late Green '85 X1/9

May 2nd, 2008, 5:21 pm #10

Thanks
Jerry
I`ve decided to plug the outlet. As far as i can see there is no petrol comming from it so it must be what Thai said.
So Thanks again.