Bob Brown - will one of these work -

Bob Brown - will one of these work -

April 27th, 2008, 4:32 pm #1

Just messin' around this morning. Going to give it a shine a little bit later and head down to San Onofre for sunset.

The hairdryer didn't give me the results I was looking for, maybe I was not patient enough, but the butane torche, whoa, instantaneous! Almost ruined it. ... Affixed with silicone to allow for precision positioning haha.

RMMJ
1986 Bertone X1/9 a.k.a BlueTooth
www.socalx.com

Bob Brown
Bob Brown

April 27th, 2008, 4:43 pm #2

Haha! Very nice indeedee!

And would you believe I haven't got mine on my X yet? It's been either too cold or (as of late) I've been too busy on other projects. Like last night at 9:pm running out to Home Depot to pick up a new in-sink-erator (disposal) to replace the one that just had a major blowout. (and a MESS it was...)

Gorgeous car as usual Rudy.

-Bob Brown

April 27th, 2008, 4:56 pm #3

I was waiting for the temps to come up too. Yesterday was an all day 90 degree affair - even along the coast. Not that I'm complaining.

Just say the word and I'll send a couple of guys over to help with that insinkerator - they helped me!

RMMJ
www.socalx.com

Bob Brown
Bob Brown

April 27th, 2008, 5:02 pm #4

I knew Tony was a handy guy, but... Plumber? Hahaha!
Now I know where all that X1/9 cooling experience came from. Go Tony!

-Bob

April 27th, 2008, 6:59 pm #5

I was waiting for the temps to come up too. Yesterday was an all day 90 degree affair - even along the coast. Not that I'm complaining.

Just say the word and I'll send a couple of guys over to help with that insinkerator - they helped me!

RMMJ
www.socalx.com
with the alien looking plunger be Tony? Who is other jolly guy in this photo?

Bob Brown
Bob Brown

April 27th, 2008, 7:49 pm #6

... about what Tony's thinking of doing with that plunger! Ha!

-Bob

April 27th, 2008, 8:08 pm #7

Just messin' around this morning. Going to give it a shine a little bit later and head down to San Onofre for sunset.

The hairdryer didn't give me the results I was looking for, maybe I was not patient enough, but the butane torche, whoa, instantaneous! Almost ruined it. ... Affixed with silicone to allow for precision positioning haha.

RMMJ
www.socalx.com
Nice job Rudy,
How was the run to San Onofre after the wax job? You do know, we're expecting pictures? Where did you get the "Donkey" horn button? You know that Ricardo and I are trying to configure a "Donkey" emblem onto the domed star that typically is the background for car enameled car grill emblems. I have ordered two (2) emblems from H.D. Rogers to use in our "proto-type". As of yet, they have not arrived. I'll keep you posted as to our progress. With the new adornments, your X is looking very suave.

We endeavor to bring peace and tranquillity to all ranchers along the Central California Coast.

It's kinda hard to do so when you're driving one of thee.

April 27th, 2008, 8:12 pm #8

... about what Tony's thinking of doing with that plunger! Ha!

-Bob
!!!!!

greg s
greg s

April 27th, 2008, 9:49 pm #9

RMMJ
www.socalx.com
with envy. jealousy.
you could say i'm green....or, more likely, GOLD.
hahahahaha......

Ian Lawson (NZ)
Ian Lawson (NZ)

April 27th, 2008, 10:12 pm #10

Haha! Very nice indeedee!

And would you believe I haven't got mine on my X yet? It's been either too cold or (as of late) I've been too busy on other projects. Like last night at 9:pm running out to Home Depot to pick up a new in-sink-erator (disposal) to replace the one that just had a major blowout. (and a MESS it was...)

Gorgeous car as usual Rudy.

-Bob Brown
<<<<<< to pick up a new in-sink-erator (disposal) to replace the one that just had a major blowout. (and a MESS it was...) >>>>>>>

Hey Bob, I have just done the EXACT SAME THING in the house I recently bought down here in NZ!
The "oldies" (even older than me ) who owned the house previously had let the Insinkerator rust up solid!
I extracted it from under the sinktop over the weekend (reminded me a bit of doing the infamous heater valve replacement on my RHD X) to find it was just a rusted heap of scrap metal!
Down to the local Plumbing World outlet, negotiated a good deal on a Model 45 replacement, and now got it all together again.
Working like a little champion now!!

Hope you have fun with yours!!

cheers, Ian - NZ