Atlanta Italian Car day, X1/9 and Fiat 500 content...

Atlanta Italian Car day, X1/9 and Fiat 500 content...

October 16th, 2008, 2:16 pm #1

Here are some of the photos that I took over the weekend. We had a great time with the Fiat 500 and managed to squeeze every last minute of fun out of the 500. The trip over the Dragon's Back was amazing and the car did great. It revs like an X1/9, even sounds like one.

View the images at larger sizes here. Let me know what you think.
Brett

October 16th, 2008, 3:55 pm #2

Hello Brett,

Thank you for the nice pictures. The new Fiat 500 is also one of my favorite cars. Last week I was in Torino/Italy to visit Mirafiori Motor Village and spend a short holiday in Alessio. There was the opportunity to drive the Fiat 500 with 1.4 engine and 1.2 engine and both are great. Quality of the car is better than ever and the design is beautiful. If there is any interest I can put in some pictures we made at Mirafiory with some 500 in different colours and stripings. Is the 500 for sale in the US?

with kind regards,
Henk Martens
Last edited by Thalita on October 16th, 2008, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 16th, 2008, 4:18 pm #3

Here are some of the photos that I took over the weekend. We had a great time with the Fiat 500 and managed to squeeze every last minute of fun out of the 500. The trip over the Dragon's Back was amazing and the car did great. It revs like an X1/9, even sounds like one.

View the images at larger sizes here. Let me know what you think.
Brett
At least I didn't see it.

Here is Brett's album:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr12 ... ICD%202008

jd

Code: Select all

1978                1986  \
[/b]
2005 FFO Photo Gallery

htf

October 16th, 2008, 6:13 pm #4

Hello Brett,

Thank you for the nice pictures. The new Fiat 500 is also one of my favorite cars. Last week I was in Torino/Italy to visit Mirafiori Motor Village and spend a short holiday in Alessio. There was the opportunity to drive the Fiat 500 with 1.4 engine and 1.2 engine and both are great. Quality of the car is better than ever and the design is beautiful. If there is any interest I can put in some pictures we made at Mirafiory with some 500 in different colours and stripings. Is the 500 for sale in the US?

with kind regards,
Henk Martens

HaXD
Herzel, in Israel

WhiteX
The late Green '85 X1/9

October 17th, 2008, 2:04 am #5

Hello Brett,

with kind regards,
Henk Martens

Albert
Albert

October 17th, 2008, 6:20 am #6

At least I didn't see it.

Here is Brett's album:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr12 ... ICD%202008

jd

Code: Select all

1978                1986  \
[/b]
2005 FFO Photo Gallery
liked them all!!!...Good job,...Albert

October 20th, 2008, 5:34 pm #7

Hello Brett,

with kind regards,
Henk Martens
Hi Henk,

There were a lot of news articles several months ago regarding FIAT's desire to sell the newly reintroduced 500 in the North American market.

Most of the articles reported that the car, if it were to be sold here, would also be assembled here. Ontario, Canada was particularly hot-to-trot to land a 500 assembly plant to replace some of the GM/Ford/Chrysler plants that had been announced for closure.

Most also reported that the car would most likely not be marketed with the FIAT brand name but be rebadged to a domestic brand. Personally I thought Chrysler would be a good fit because they of all the Used to Be Big 3 needed a small fuel efficient car the most. Plus, both the top guys at Chrysler have Italian surnames, so it's a natural!