Soul Grinder conversion

Share your inspiration

Soul Grinder conversion

tinfoil
Horror
tinfoil
Horror

21 Aug 2009, 14:17 #1

I'm afraid I've fallen out of the habit of posting here. But when a recent project had me checking back on this board -- notably, to tap back into inspiration and instruction from a great tutorial posted by ebolatheripe -- it seemed only fitting to return to this community and post results here.

The working concept was a daemon engine -- an ancient, malevolent entity possessing an imperial chassis (maybe a once mighty baneblade? -- though I'm using the GW soul grinder as a base platform) and feasting on the souls of the tech adepts, drivers, and soldiers that once drove the thing.

Or something.

Taking ebolatheripe's evil and insidious ideas, along with a few notions of my own, I went to work on a Soul Grinder platform.

First I affixed several curled pieces of coat hanger wire to the chassis, creating a couple of spines.

Or rather, I wanted them to define several soul-spirals, like curls of smoke rising out of the altar.

(For playability reasons, I took care to make sure the overall dimensions of the model will closely resemble those of the GW soul grinder. These soul-spirals are just about as tall as the daemon head and torso that top the GW model.)

Months later, after many layers of much greenstuffery, I've (more or less) finished with:

From the front:

From the right side:

From behind, right side:

From behind, left side:

From the right side:

That shot has a particularly good look at the ebolath's Maw ideas. (Clicking on the picture will take you to a gallery version with Image Zoom, for more detail.)

From behind (I do plan to do just a bit more ‘daemonizing’ on this side.)

I still have just a bit more tinkering to do (on the back, and around the ball joints at the tops of the legs).

Just another day or two, then, before I prime the beast and start painting (shudder).

Thanks for looking.

Slaanesh
Plaguerider
Slaanesh
Plaguerider

22 Aug 2009, 10:10 #2

simply ingenius i can't wait to see it painted

Sadistic Master
Bloodletter

25 Aug 2009, 22:29 #3

Whoa! That's some crazy stuff!! That's how deamonic and possessed should look like. Seriously, do you have nightmares or psychos?
For the pleasure of Slaanesh!
My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others! My manner of thinking stems straight from my considered reflections; it holds with my existence, with the way I am made. It is not in my power to alter it; and were it I'd not do so. Not my manner of thinking but the manner of thinking of others has been the source of my unhappiness. - D.A.F.Sade

soulcaresser
Daemonette
soulcaresser
Daemonette

26 Aug 2009, 19:50 #4

Excellent made! Great stuff and greenstuffed!
:rock:
slaanesh - go for the game.

Baphomet
Daemonette
Baphomet
Daemonette

27 Aug 2009, 20:00 #5

WHOA! :o You rock. :pray: :rock: :evil:
Please level my Daemons

Melnibonean
Lil' Nurgling
Melnibonean