Got my love back and found a new home (9th)

9th Age, Age of Sigmar, 8th Edition, Kings of War. It's all welcome!

Got my love back and found a new home (9th)

[LLCT]Kain
Horror

28 Aug 2017, 08:14 #1

:D :D :D

That is the correct start of this post. I am happy to have my beloved hobby back.
I would like to share this a bit, as I would have loved some hints earlier that there is a tabletop game with future for my Warhammer Armies.

But start very long ago. Around 1993/4 I started to go for tabletop after a visit in London (buying 4 Dwarfs and 4 High Elves). All that time it wa s apleasant and delightfull journey from 40K to Epic (was that horrible end of this cool game) and then to Warhammer (WHFB) . In the end I went to some tournemnts and had 3 armies - all evolved from my starting Cult of Slaanesh.
In parallel we played a lot of Warhammer Roleplay until 2000.

Then the End of Times arrived and dispelled me from that game as it was too consuming (time, effort & money) to keep track what was happening - in parallel live changed too. The Age of Sigmar was the last nail in the coffin and sealed my end fro WHFB - as I liked the world and the game itself. Given the crack with Epic GW fooled me a second time and I quit them finally.

In our group the gaming stopped two years ago.
The minis stood their dusting and crying to me every day "You fool, you wasted so much hours, days, month of your live time painting plastic crap...and now it is gone". I was close to give them the trays - 3 fully painted armies.

Two month one of the old guys convinced us to give 9th a try. They did one battle two weeks ago and it was ok, some rule stuff etc.. AND the fire was back.
Last weekend we played Demons vs. High Elves - and it is the old cool feeling

:rock:

In the meanwhile I have many ideas in my mind again, put the colours out of their box and close to get the first paint job done...(finishing some minis paused at 90&).
I am quite happy as a missing part of my live returned - and it looks like it has a future. There are more and more people starting to play 9th Age in our Area and the project seems stable enough to not vanish the next years.

If you are also having your minis collecting dust - give it a try-
I've got the power, I've got the speed
( Doctor Rock / Motörhead )

squalie
Greater Daemon
squalie
Greater Daemon

28 Aug 2017, 19:37 #2

Super glad to hear you're back! We are firmly in the Ninth Age camp and really enjoying it!
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
Mike Tyson

gjnoronh
*Custom Title*
gjnoronh
*Custom Title*

28 Aug 2017, 20:53 #3

Wonderful. Glad to hear it folks!
Reminder if you are in the right parts of North America I'm running what I believe is the only 9th Age Grand Tournament in the North East. Come on out for what is a great time every year.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/i ... opic=12586
Are we in a golden Age of Fantasy? Check this out
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/ ... n-age.html

[LLCT]Kain
Horror

30 Aug 2017, 00:50 #4

Thanks, unfortunately I am sitting in old Europe :-)
I've got the power, I've got the speed
( Doctor Rock / Motörhead )

gjnoronh
*Custom Title*
gjnoronh
*Custom Title*

30 Aug 2017, 02:11 #5

If your models are plastic and you have the right display board you could probably swim and be here by November.
Are we in a golden Age of Fantasy? Check this out
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/ ... n-age.html