AOS confuses me...

Talonz
Greater Daemon
Talonz
Greater Daemon

2:40 AM - Oct 09, 2018 #1

So Im considering the absurd...playing aos.

How would I go about playing daemons in AOS?  I found a daemons armylist but it has no points values.  Also there are special rules in the back for focused hosts...are these the faction abilities I hear about?  What are the allegiance abilities?  But I can have allies that dont count against my allegiance?  But tzeentch cant ally with other gods?

wtf.  this game is confusing.

squalie
Greater Daemon
squalie
Greater Daemon

3:51 AM - Oct 11, 2018 #2

No one around your area plays the 9th Age?
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
Mike Tyson

Talonz
Greater Daemon
Talonz
Greater Daemon

12:03 AM - Oct 13, 2018 #3

Ive been out of the tabletop gaming for sometime.  There is a KOW crowd at the university and a 40k crowd at the local gamestore.  That store just recently started an AOS builders league which got me thinking....

Dunno if anyone plays 9th age.  Is that what you are playing?  

Totally bummed out that you cannot ally daemons crossgod anymore without losing out on all the cool faction stuff (like disciples of tzeentch).

squalie
Greater Daemon
squalie
Greater Daemon

2:08 AM - Oct 13, 2018 #4

I suppose you gotta do what you need to do to use the models you have. :)  I didn't care for KoW as doing literally nothing on your opponents turn just felt weird and detached. We quit AoS before they had points, lol. The 9th age has 7 Daemon Gods now, so it's pretty different, as there is no Tzeentch, Khorne, etc anymore for IP reasons.

Having said all that AoS may be your best bet considering the builders league.  I actually liked AoS….
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
Mike Tyson