2400 points.

Any Fantasy game system start your thread with the name of the system.

2400 points.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

21 Jan 2012, 22:43 #1

This Is ment to be a tough list, so any tweaks?

GuO, Balesword, Lvl2 and Noxious.

Bsb Nurgle, Banner of despair, stream of bile, slimetrail.
Herald Khorne, armour of Khorne
Herald Tzeench, Master of sorcery (shadow) spellbreaker.

30 Bloodletters, Mus, Icon of endless war.
30 Plaguebearers, Full command, Std of seeping decay.
6 Furies

6 Flamers
1 Bloodcrusher
2 Fiends.

So what do you think? It´s nothing superoriginal, I´m toying
with the idea to squeeze In a magic lvl on the nurgle Herald
to increase my chanses on getting Plaguewind.

Slimetrail, and one each from the corechoises would be sacrificed
to make that happen.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

22 Jan 2012, 21:51 #2

Tried It against Skaven today, I won dispite playing like an idiot.
I´m not sure If that´s good or bad, probably good.

Banner of despair must be the best magic banner In the book and
I also managed to not Horde just because i could. I have also
realised that Pit of slime Is a good spell (warmachines autofails
strengthtests right?)
Him managing to put five wounds on th Doomwhel by walking to
a forest didn´t hurt either :)

brother_maynard
Greater Daemon
brother_maynard
Greater Daemon

23 Jan 2012, 03:47 #3

Yeah this is a very doctrinally strong list. Barring mishaps from scenarios or the dice it will consistently perform well.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

27 Jan 2012, 22:25 #4

Our local tournament are probably going to adapt ETC rules and restriction (damn It)
Going to play against a Daemon army tomorrow and I asked him to bring as filthy a list as possible :)

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

29 Jan 2012, 22:51 #5

Ended playing against Highelves instead, the game never got interesting because of horrendous dicerolling from his part.

Tried something new today.

GuO exactly the same.

Tzeench herald, the same but Light.
Herald of Khorne armour
Bsb of Khorne, armour, Despair.

30 Bloodletters, mus, std
30 Bloodletters, mus, std of endless war.
30 Plaguebearers, mes, std of seeping decay.

4 Flamers
1 Fiend.

Played against Ogres, no mournefangs.
Ironguts with threecharacters and Dragonhidebanner.
The monster that isn´t a stonehorn and some more stuff.

Dragonhidebanner Is stupid good and I played bad, the match ended
a draw with 50points In his favour, If he hadn´t gotten greedy and just
been content with a 600point victory he could have walked away with the victory
but instead he choosed to make some charges that could have earned him
a massacre but instead costed him the victory.
I know what the biggest flaw with this list Is, to little chaff.
But I still like It because It looks so cool to just put 3 big blocks on the table.

So In the end I think this Is the list I´m going for, what do you think? Should
I take back my old Nurgle Bsb and wich magig should I use?

bonesaww666
Plaguerider
bonesaww666
Plaguerider

29 Jan 2012, 23:28 #6

Light actually would be your best Lore so I wouldn't **** with it, helps the 'letters and fixes the PB's glaring weakness. So do you currently have no Nurgle Herald in your PB's? I personally would never run them without, BL's without a Herald can still do a good job if you use the PB's as an anvil an flank charge...
Ogres in the hands of a competent General are a tough foe, so I wouldn't get too torn up over it. What was he running? Do you feel it was mistakes you made cost
you the battle?
Max Aggression Gaming, for all your Warhammer, Conversion and Commission painting needs!
https://m.facebook.com/maxaggression.gaming.3

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

30 Jan 2012, 15:00 #7

I played like an ("€%& In the early game, I got stressed because he put six wounds on Big Papa right away.
I thought I bated him by letting me charge my plaguebearers with his deathstar but instead he just ran through them and managed to anhilate two units In one turn...
I don´t understand how I could recover from that blow but I did and was pretty happy with a draw in the end.
I´m not completly sold on Light yet but It got something I missed before namely reliable Direct damagespells.
So you think I should put back my Nurgleherald? You are probably right, but who do you guys think should be my Bsb?

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

02 Feb 2012, 09:32 #8

I´m going to adapt to ETC restrictions, do you guys have some suggestions?
I´m think I´m going to keep the Tzeench herald actually, but give him wings and depending on spellsetup keep him back or be more agressive with him.
One good thing Is I will get less reluctant to sacrifice him for the greater good.

LAV-Kitsune-
*Custom Title*
LAV-Kitsune-
*Custom Title*

02 Feb 2012, 11:09 #9

I was thinking that one might actually prefer lvl 1 nurgle wizards instead of tzeentch wizards now. Tzeentch only gets few bolt spells and glean magic, so Nurgle could be viable option for them. You could even go with horrors if you want those bolts, since they would get higher casting value or leave all casting to Great unclean one. You should also drop some basic daemons, so big fiend unit could be pretty nice with those comps. Then you would have 4 good fighting units.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

02 Feb 2012, 14:04 #10

GuO Lvl 2, Noxious, Balesword 585

Nurgle Bsb, Despair (This Is actually something I´m not sure of. Might end up skipping Despair altogether and going with no Bsb)
Nurgle Herald, Stream of Bile, LVL 1
Khorne herald, armour.

28 Bloodletters, Icon of endless war.
21 Bloodletters, Std, mus
28 Plaguebearers, Std of seeping decay, mus.

Furies?!?

8 Fiends 450 Points... Some Flamers max 4 (I have some converted, would like to use em.)

The problem Is points... I need to cut away some dead meat and I can´t see the difference between dead meat and healthy tissue In this list.

LAV-Kitsune-
*Custom Title*
LAV-Kitsune-
*Custom Title*

03 Feb 2012, 08:31 #11

If you get no magical standard, then give the BSB to Khorne herald. You wouldnt want your bsb to die on purple sun / pit. Here is Ld test succeed percents without and with bsb.
10 = 92% 10 = 99.3%
9 = 83% 9 = 97.2%
8 = 72% 8 = 92.3%
7 = 58% 7 = 82.6%
6 = 42% 6 = 66.0%
5 = 28% 5 = 47.9%
4 = 17% 4 = 30.6%
3 = 8.3% 3 = 15.9%
2 = 2.8% 2 = 5.5%
As you can see, it is quite hard to fail tests even with -2 penalties if general and bsb are around. So usually you do need siren song to pull units out of that bubble. Since you do not have it, you could actually save some points by not taking it. For banners defense I would say that it is awesome with Plaguebearers though. They will start hitting most models on 3+ and will be hit on 5+ instead of 3+ when opponent fails their fear tests. Unfortunately comps forbid to make very big units, so you couldnt make deep trains of bearers with this flag and go breaking everything in combat...so I would drop the flag.

If you drop the flag, you could also drop one of your Nurgle heralds and get those flamers or fiends too. Few furies would really do your list some good as you could hunt war machines and redirect big nasties.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

03 Feb 2012, 09:28 #12

Stupid restrictions, thank you for the effort, that table though illustrates the big difference -2 can do. 9-7 25%, 7-5 30%.
This takes some serious thinking, been following the other thread on ETC lists and these restrictions forces you to think In different lines.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

07 Feb 2012, 21:55 #13

Ended up with:
GUO, Balesword, lvl 2, Noxious
Nurgle BSB, Despair
Tzeench Herald, spellbreaker.

28 Plaguebearers, Full command, Seeping Decay.
28 Bloodletters, mus, Endless war.
5 Furies

4 Flamers
8 Fiends

Ultracompact, pretty fast and pack a punch.

Played against WoC today with 3 Blocks of Warrios, lvl 4 and Bsb on Disk.
Chosen with usual kit, two otther blocks of warriors and semismall unit of Khorne marauders.
He Is a really good player but didn´t get 3+ward and stubborn until turn 3 and was hesitant with his chosen before that turn.
I got the good spells and sort of out magicked him.
He had some really bad luck and I made to many wardsaves, but I played a tight game and massacerd him.

Some notes; 8 Fiends are offcourse good, they are exactly 450 points and that`s maximum sise with ETC restrictions.
There are offcourse many cheaper units that would mess them up anyway, but the only way to Buff them now Is to get a LoC and I like Papa to much.
Papa, despite being slow He Is my favourite Greater and with the right spells he become very versitile.

Unheralded Bloodletters, not the Powerhouse they usually are, but I feel that the ETC restrictions forces you to play In a different way altogether. You can´t just Horde them up and expect to massakre/ grind everything down.
Plaguebearers: Still resiliant, just don´t expect to be able to run them Into any unit and win.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

21 Feb 2012, 21:34 #14

Played against Beastmen today, he had a really scary Minobus, 7 Minos. 2 Doombulls, Gorebull Bsb and another hero lvl Mino.
Had to sacrifice Bloodletters to get the charge with Balesword Papa on the unit. Won one combat lost the rest and was eventually killed. I killed nothing In return, he accepted my challenges and made his wardsaves. The rest of his army was mopped up fairly easy. So something like 240 points to him including the 10% discount that Beastmen get with ETC rules.
I feel that i actually got the game where I wanted and knew that It would be a coinflip In Papa vs that unit. It´s actually kind of ridicoulus that 1500 something points vs 585 points Is a coinflip but thats Daemons folks.
I think that Balesword Is almost mandatory on a GuO because he adds something that the rest of the army lacks, to reliably kill big things.
Tzeench herald without master of sorcery Isn´t that bad, didn´t get Glean magic or Bolt of change. He had wyssans and Savage beast and that would have been nice to Glean on to Papa.

tor
Pleasureseeker
tor
Pleasureseeker

24 Feb 2012, 14:53 #15

Going to play against a "Furgil" type of Dwarf list using this list, any tips? Wount change the list though. So just strategy please :)