The Goddard family & Lyingham

The Goddard family & Lyingham

Shaun Jackson
Shaun Jackson

February 18th, 2012, 11:43 am #1

Hi
I've previously posted on here with reference to my Great Grandfather, Edward Brett Goddard.
Since my original post,I've managed to find out a lot about his life in America after World War 1.
I'm travelling to America later on this year to visit some of his American descendants & would love to be able to provide them with some additional information on his "Pre USA" days.
Through the census information, I've been able to discover that they lived at East End Cottages in the late 19th Century, but they appear to have lived in various places around the village!
In the "Lyingham" poem there is mention of Sarah Stafford (the Lyingham Ghoul!)She was Edward's Grandmother.If anybody has any additional information on the Goddards I'd be extremely grateful
Many thanks for reading
Shaun Jackson

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 5th, 2012, 9:06 pm #2

Re: The Goddard family & Lyingham

Sue Gordon
Sue Gordon

August 28th, 2016, 5:46 am #3

Hi
I've previously posted on here with reference to my Great Grandfather, Edward Brett Goddard.
Since my original post,I've managed to find out a lot about his life in America after World War 1.
I'm travelling to America later on this year to visit some of his American descendants & would love to be able to provide them with some additional information on his "Pre USA" days.
Through the census information, I've been able to discover that they lived at East End Cottages in the late 19th Century, but they appear to have lived in various places around the village!
In the "Lyingham" poem there is mention of Sarah Stafford (the Lyingham Ghoul!)She was Edward's Grandmother.If anybody has any additional information on the Goddards I'd be extremely grateful
Many thanks for reading
Shaun Jackson
Hello Shaun
I believe our great grandparents were related - I have started my family tree research this year and possibly like you have been in contact with Carrie Faust in the US.

My attention was caught in your post by your reference to Sarah Stafford and the Lyingham poem and would really appreciate it if you could help me locate this poem?
Kind regards
Sue Gordon (nee Goddard)
richsuegordon@bigpond.com.au