Goodbye gravy salt?

Goodbye gravy salt?

Peter Higgs
Peter Higgs

March 16th, 2005, 5:48 pm #1

Losing Burdall's was bad enough but now Compton's seem to have gone the same way. Why is this? My wife has been using this "system" for thirty-five years.Who is making these decisions for us and why? I want gravy made with the real "juices" of meat not some chemical combo. Can anyone explain what has happened? Thanks.

Jake Young
Jake Young

March 26th, 2005, 8:49 pm #2

The determined members of the secretive underground organisation
Gravy Resistance Activists Vote Yes (for Old Jake's Gravy Saviour)
are making sure that the brown arts survive into the 21st century.

Best regards,

Jake Young

B. Bainton-Scunthorpe
B. Bainton-Scunthorpe

April 30th, 2005, 7:20 am #3

Yes old Jakes Saviour has saved the world and they sell it in one of our local shops. It is excellent.

Gill Wright
Gill Wright

May 28th, 2005, 9:09 am #4

Could you tell me which shop that is as I live near Scunthorpe and would like to buy some

John Eyre
John Eyre

June 25th, 2005, 8:47 pm #5

I just wondered if you found any gravy salt yet. There's nothing where I live anymore and for some-one who's used it for over 60 years its a sad loss.

Jake Young
Jake Young

June 26th, 2005, 10:02 am #6

Hello John,

Thanks to the continuing demand for replacements for Burdall's and Compton's gravy salt, I am supplying two types: my first product was Old Jake's Gravy Saviour but there is also Old Jake's 50% Stronger Stuff with 50% more caramel, allowing a less salty end result.

Many customers have their gravy salt sent by mail-order, though there are also some shops supplying the products.

You'll find full details at www.oldjake.co.uk

Best regards,

Jake Young
WebCobbler to Wymondham
Gravy salt supplier to the World!

joan Blue
joan Blue

May 4th, 2006, 3:34 pm #7

Best regards,

Jake Young
Haven't yet tried Old Jake's Gravy Salt - but please, please, please - DO NOT send for Uncle Roy's Gravy Salt as I did. I foolishly ordered 3 jars of it - one for me, and one for each of my daughters.

It is pure SALT coloured with caramel. Two grains would be enough to salt a huge pot of stew - but it wouldn't be enough to colour it.

I have found Compton's the nearest thing to Burdalls - oh, how I miss my Burdalls Gravy Salt.

joan Blue
joan Blue

May 4th, 2006, 3:34 pm #8

Best regards,

Jake Young
Haven't yet tried Old Jake's Gravy Salt - but please, please, please - DO NOT send for Uncle Roy's Gravy Salt as I did. I foolishly ordered 3 jars of it - one for me, and one for each of my daughters.

It is pure SALT coloured with caramel. Two grains would be enough to salt a huge pot of stew - but it wouldn't be enough to colour it.

I have found Compton's the nearest thing to Burdalls - oh, how I miss my Burdalls Gravy Salt.

reokseAr
reokseAr

November 18th, 2008, 7:42 am #9

My sample topico

SomethingRandom
SomethingRandom

February 8th, 2012, 12:46 pm #10

Untitled