$400 for 3rd party photos

October 23rd, 2017, 10:26 pm #1

I finally took the time to figure out what's up with the photos and the blog. Photo bucket wants $400 a year for 3rd party hosting. I'm paying $65 a year for this now Facebook, Instagram etc. all post photos free and easily. Photos can still be linked here I'm not sure what to do with the forum it may be out of vogue. I hope to get a PR person at some point I'll decide what to do then. There is a lot of history here it's to bad the photos are not with it anymore. Oh well life goes on.
Pinske

October 24th, 2017, 10:00 pm #2

Sorry to hear your thinking about closing up the forum. But I really don't see why the forums are still around. No one post any more and if its costing you money, good business since would be to eliminate it. It is a shame the history would be lost for ever, but really, how many ever go back and look at passed post. As far as pics go I'm sure everyone has saved the pics that they liked.

I for one would have posted pics here all the time but seeing its mandatory to up load pics to some damn cloud I quit posting pics.

Anyways I want to thank you Barre for starting this forum and all the fun we have had here. I learned a lifetimes worth of knowledge here and hope I might have contribute a little.

Doug Ricks

October 25th, 2017, 12:28 am #3

October 25th, 2017, 11:16 pm #4

I finally took the time to figure out what's up with the photos and the blog. Photo bucket wants $400 a year for 3rd party hosting. I'm paying $65 a year for this now Facebook, Instagram etc. all post photos free and easily. Photos can still be linked here I'm not sure what to do with the forum it may be out of vogue. I hope to get a PR person at some point I'll decide what to do then. There is a lot of history here it's to bad the photos are not with it anymore. Oh well life goes on.
Just wait and see what free costs. Only a matter of time before FaceBook and Twitter and the rest of the social media time wasting stuff will start charging. They all have a gimmick to get you started and then WHAMO !!

October 26th, 2017, 2:35 am #5

The nice thing about this format is you see everything you don’t with the others. I’ll look for another format or maybe figure out how to get this working. Photos make a big difference.
Pinske

October 28th, 2017, 2:12 pm #6

Barre. I have to ask, why did the forums change the way we up loaded photos? It was so easy the way it was in the beginning. Was it mandatory through network 54 to change? Or was it just because of progression.

October 29th, 2017, 1:37 pm #7

JK answered that on the carving post Indy.

October 29th, 2017, 2:34 pm #8

Thanks Art I'll check it out

November 6th, 2017, 10:00 am #9

Sorry I did not respond I looked to see if there were new posts not threads sorry. As you provably figured out by now it was F'n Photobucket not the forum. In a way they were working for free here but people had to pay for the storage on their own. There are a lot of storage resources and if we use links the photos will show here. The links are basic HTML code it's just a matter of learning it. Linking to YouTube or Facebook will work too.
Pinske