Ideas on improving forum

January 13th, 2013, 2:29 pm #1

Any lurkers have any ideas? I'm really leaning toward the Pinske blog idea but would prefer to keep the forum to help others and share all our work.

Chainsaw carvers are independent people I realize that I'm not sure where they tear down rather build up part comes from. It can be fun to get off in La La land and talk crap but that's not what I think the forum should be all the time and not what good carvers and people who don't like getting shit want to be a part of.

I don't want to blame Buzz he's like a class clown and that's ok if more of the class got involved I think his nonsense would not seem so prevalent. I'm not sure how some of the people on here maintain friendships because friends support each other we don't seem to get much of that here. I just don't want this to be a reflection of me if it looks like a bunch of idiots and bad artists.

Dave snow sculpture was cool, Jeff getting a skid steer is a good thing for him same with Ken getting a hydraulic power unit. I want the best for all carvers and I want to be encouraging and supportive. We need to champion each other that's how teams win they work together. I know how hard I need to work to make a living I'm guessing its the same for the rest of you. There are more events now, reality shows all kinds of things going on with the craft that are worth postings and talking about.

I want to help others that's what I want to do. I want to help myself and grow my business also. Innovations, tricks of the trade gallery relationships things like that have value to us all.

Normal people don't want to be friends with an active alcoholic, active addict or religious fanatics. It is very difficult to be friends with someone who can't take things seriously and someone who just puts others down. That is much or our content as of late.

It has to change. I'll delete every f'n one of you and you can go post on the yellow then maybe this will improve. You have a choice I don't care. I feel I did my thing I have shown another forum can exist and have success it has it's ups and downs according to haw much policing I do and how much good content there is from others who have talent and good ideas.

The people who don't post don't want to be a part of the shit get it? Post thing people want to be a part of and we will thrive. I can't promote the forum else were if it's shit why would I do that?

This is like a flower garden I'm asking the weeds not to grow hows that going to work? Be a flower and some beauty here. We are not going to live forever contribute something good to society and leave a positive legacy for others you can start today. I don't have time to nurture and police this thing we are adults please grow the F up, be a part of helping others and contribute something positive or get the F off.

Pinske

January 13th, 2013, 3:35 pm #2

well berre like you i have lost faith in forums when i tried to help every one with kiln drying carvings
they all went off the deep end and said i was trying to sell somthing i was ofering free advice and for that i got condemed
i cant post pics at the moment but soon i will be even though no one ill coment on them and if they do it will be another dung mach so yea the forums are loosing there luster

January 13th, 2013, 4:56 pm #3

You have a good idea to have a forum where pros can share some ideas and post some recent works but when the thread turns ugly most just glance at it and go on. You shouldn't have to police it full time but I doubt if there is any way around it. When folks go to the trouble to write and post pics others can at least respond I think,otherwise they won't bother. Whaddyathink?

January 13th, 2013, 5:29 pm #4

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Now call Jerry Scheiffer up and say DUDE how do you do it?

As for buzzsaw , far as I can tell he is very positive until pushed by bully's ,but he is consistent no matter what and I like that about him.

So barre it sounds like you are at a crossroads with this forum? One drop of poison can contaminate a well and there are those who can pour in a bucket full in the name of "telling their side" and if someone responds in their own defense the feces flinging begins, suppose everyone who logged in always used their own name and debated with intelligence!{its possible but not probable}

Good luck....

and remember carve or starve...

January 13th, 2013, 7:11 pm #5

steve im trying to help bears forum but my dyslexia stems from bad comprehension my spelling is ok and when somebody jumps on me i send them into a chipper . its a knee jerk defense mechanism i have developed over the years . bear has said alot of cruel things to me which is funny i have attempted to beat his ego into an oblivion and i expect the same . i feel if bear trys to sterilize the forum and end the drama sales will plunder i think the public wants to be entertained and it leads to a following that eventually find me and purchase a piece of art . bear cannot say this is art and this aint if he cannot accept and understand others creations he needs to give up the craft fair policing job .

Tom Castaneda
Tom Castaneda

January 13th, 2013, 7:25 pm #6

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Now call Jerry Scheiffer up and say DUDE how do you do it?

As for buzzsaw , far as I can tell he is very positive until pushed by bully's ,but he is consistent no matter what and I like that about him.

So barre it sounds like you are at a crossroads with this forum? One drop of poison can contaminate a well and there are those who can pour in a bucket full in the name of "telling their side" and if someone responds in their own defense the feces flinging begins, suppose everyone who logged in always used their own name and debated with intelligence!{its possible but not probable}

Good luck....

and remember carve or starve...
You are a very wise man .
Thanks for your outlook and input .
Tom Castaneda

guess who
guess who

January 13th, 2013, 7:41 pm #7

guess who
guess who

January 13th, 2013, 7:42 pm #8

You are a very wise man .
Thanks for your outlook and input .
Tom Castaneda

January 13th, 2013, 8:20 pm #9

Buzz & Bear?

January 13th, 2013, 10:51 pm #10

...and with Art.

Barre, you have energy, interesting ideas, creativity, and a working business. That's why I enjoy visiting you here.

However, all the bad little boys who have been kicked out of the other neighborhoods are thrilled to have found yours and have been plastering your site with their graffiti. You like some of it, so you let them do it. They set a low standard, so more like minded little boys move in here too. Pretty soon the neighborhood is run down and no one wants to come here.

You can't have a good forum without discipline. Period.

Maybe a blog is the way to go.