End of a cool thing!

December 13th, 2017, 12:19 am #1

A number of years ago this forum was started after a split from the original carving forum. We have had a good run here and a lot of fun. Technology has evolved if I would have been on the ball I would have switched this forum to a face book based forum a while back. There is a lot of history here I would prefer not to loose unfortunately the photos are already lost. Network 54 kind of missed the boat more than or as much as we did the ease of loading photos on facebook really makes it easy to tell a story there. I feel I have to do something to get my name off of this and work to promote my business the way I choose and not have random content I have nothing to do with associated with me. I'm a little too busy to deal conclusively with this right now but this is what I'm thinking. Any ideas feel free to share.
Pinske

December 13th, 2017, 2:55 am #2

run from this controversy be polite and be a social justice warrior make no waves !!!! but most great artists run to controversy embrace change and are mentally unstable and produce great arthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCvoxJyENZo . if I lived in Vermont and was sane I would be living in a 1200 sq foot home driving a Hyundai and working as a snow plow driver in winter and river rat guide in summer . but if you want to embrace your delusions and create great art my suggestion is don't follow the mummies and ghosts of past carving forums even the yellow board has become a bastion for crustys with pensions and no real world skills , my suggestion is take your last name off the forum if you are scared of controversy . what has happened to fridgway ask yourself since we are left to speculating it looks like protectionism maybe the anal retentive art is not selling so giving the boot to the real bad artist who sell cheap or the market is so saturated so thinning the herd is the answer . in your but-ler was an invitational now gone but if you think trump will make America great again I'm not sure I wish I had bought bit coin a few years ago that would have made my life great again ok back to stirring the pot . the retail apocalypse is only half over in the next few years we will see stores dropping like flies the green kind that land on turd awards so get ready . but anyway you can promote yourself and your art good or bad is not something I would let lay dormant , selling your art is about polarizing the art patron basically reading there mind I had an art patron call me today wanting a sketch of a dog he will give no picture or details but I know I have to read his mind and create the sketch like reading his dream . I see patrons as gold veins I mine the vein until the gold is gone a real artist will decide what they want people consciously lie all the time but the subconscious cannot lie . bear you pretend you want to be rich successful and show art in high end galleries but even if you achieved that your subconscious knows you would not receive satisfaction and be content . you like structure hence the infernal duplicator art machine but mass producing is no fun or hand making each one to look like the last one brings no comfort either . but heres your secret where you excel at and gain comfort its through piecing the fractal shapes of nature into collages of art its the only way you can express artistic creation and leave the path of the mundane repetitive scrappy doo bears . my suggestion keep doing the over and over again mini-me bears so you can attend all you can devour duck feet buffets but look for ways to incorporate natures repetitive fractual shapes into affordable art so your creative side gets it adrenaline rush and dopamine . and polarize your patrons!!!! schizophrenia will be your guide and friend as you enter lifes twilight

ZZ
ZZ

December 18th, 2017, 12:27 am #3

Especially you Barre'
Buzz you are a good soul , and wise...

ZZ
ZZ

December 18th, 2017, 12:29 am #4

Still scared to click on the Utube videos you post.....lol

December 18th, 2017, 1:33 am #5