Dia Grinding Bits???

Dia Grinding Bits???

June 9th, 2017, 1:05 am #1

Hey everybody, just wondering what type of bits and tools you use for detailing work? I'm just about finished with my first wood carving. I was cutting a load of hardwood for my dad on his property and had a crotched section of a big ash tree. I saw a squirrel and thought would be funny to carve it. i'm trying to get into the tight spots and don't have a carving bar yet. don't want invest a lot seeing i'm still in college. and advice would be cool.

June 9th, 2017, 1:48 pm #2

I use 1/4in router bits in my die grinder. I have tried different things but find this works well for me. I have a dremel tool with a small cutter also I use it on very small projects eyes nose etc. I think the carbide type cutters work good but the rasp type fill up weigh crap as dose the little drum sander thingies.
Pinske

June 11th, 2017, 1:08 pm #3

Hey everybody, just wondering what type of bits and tools you use for detailing work? I'm just about finished with my first wood carving. I was cutting a load of hardwood for my dad on his property and had a crotched section of a big ash tree. I saw a squirrel and thought would be funny to carve it. i'm trying to get into the tight spots and don't have a carving bar yet. don't want invest a lot seeing i'm still in college. and advice would be cool.
Dremels work well and is your cheapest option. A good die grinder is expensive as well as the bits.