Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

Singapore very impressed with the Typhoon

3:14 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #1

As I'm sure many of you know a couple of Typhoons recently visited Singapore. A well-placed source has told AFM (Sep04/p39) that; "The Singaporeans were over the moon. Typhoon exceeded all expectations, and blew their F-16s out of the sky!"

A few pages later it goes on to say that the Typhoon was able to go into supersonic flight (Mach 1.21) in the middle of a very hot day without an engine reheat (ie supercruise). Even the Rafale representatives had expressed that they were impressed. The Singaporeans had asked why Eurofighter hadn't told them earlier that the plane could do that.

Sounds good...

6:16 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #2

That's just rumours. The rafale is gonna win.

6:55 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #3

As I'm sure many of you know a couple of Typhoons recently visited Singapore. A well-placed source has told AFM (Sep04/p39) that; "The Singaporeans were over the moon. Typhoon exceeded all expectations, and blew their F-16s out of the sky!"

A few pages later it goes on to say that the Typhoon was able to go into supersonic flight (Mach 1.21) in the middle of a very hot day without an engine reheat (ie supercruise). Even the Rafale representatives had expressed that they were impressed. The Singaporeans had asked why Eurofighter hadn't told them earlier that the plane could do that.

Sounds good...
LOL, saying those are rumours and then sayingh with no prove at all that Rafale is going to win.

Eurofighter is going to win, because the singaporeans were...........................over the moon.

7:15 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #4

Sounds good...
Read the article it was surprisinly positive about it al

the time taken to change the engine surprised me
looks like huge emphasis was put n maintenance ease

Was gonna scan it but it was over 4 pages i think

______

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few

7:34 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #5

Sounds good...
I liked the article too, very positive about the Eurofighter. I think the eurofighter will win a lot of exports in the next 15 years.

Last edited by ThebetterRob on 7:36 AM - Sep 04, 2004, edited 1 time in total.

7:47 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #6

Sounds good...
Congratulations EF consortium.

I hope they go for our bird anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8:09 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #7

Sounds good...
Hehe, not too bad.

11:24 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #8

Sounds good...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOLOL !!! Are you kiding ? BAe is advertising this everywhere and all the time !

11:42 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #9

Sounds good...
I think they were more suprised that these particular airplanes actually did it under the circumstances.

11:53 AM - Sep 04, 2004 #10

Sounds good...
AFM published an article untitled "Eastern smile" as I was puzzled by the fact that it was unsigend, i phoned them and asked Mr Mark Ayton, Assistant Editor why.:
According to Mark Ayton, Assistant Editor of AFM: "This article was published anonymously because a faction of the RAF personnel didn't want it to be published in this form, but also because the writer was part of the Typhoon's deployment team in Singapore. His comments doesn't reflect AFM team's opinion on the aircraft (Dassault neither mate!) quiet the opposite: We know well that Rafale have seen combat action during its deployment in Afghanistan before being operational when Typhoon is not Operational yet." (Two years difference). And I have a LOT more (proofs) for poor YOU.

This article is a GOOF written by a member of Eurofighter GMBH or some guy like you with too little knowledge of Rafale AND I was right saying that Dassault didn't release the full specs for it. Looks like you are going to have to reach for your pain killers again. By the way, PROOVE ME WRONG if you can, and show us how much you know about Typhoon range. I'm waiting.
I noticed that NONE of you guys are saying that results of these deployments were to be keeped secret...

Rafale Max speed is NOT M 1.8, NOT m 2.0 but close to MACH 2.1 As for proof, I have all ready posted it in the form of a topic called "Rafale flight test". All information’s there corroborate my "theories" and exceed my expectations, as it appears that Rafale is faster and MORE maneuverable than I expected. Stuff you Coz4k.

Extracts: "The Snecma M88-2 engines are in the 7.5-ton class for power, but for the export version of the Rafale, Dassault is considering installing 9.0-ton-class engines. This would give the Rafale improved sustained maneuvering performance, but not increase the aircraft's top speed of near Mach 2.1, Rebourg said."
"Rebourg said that with a clean Rafale, using afterburner, you can enter a turn at 500 kt. and 10,000 ft., pull the maximum 9g and still accelerate."
Note that the two Rafales deployed to Singapore were a FULL specs D (f2 standard) and a FULL SPEC M (f1 standard) with an empty weight of respectively <>450 kg and <>650 kg higher than C (which is the DA version) D being the one which was tested and refered too by Philippe Rebourg, Rafale D test pilot at Dassault's Istres Flight Test Center.
More to the point: all pics of Typhoon deployment shows 2 two-seaters in clean configuration with only two underwing pylons installed, there were NO indications on what the aircrafts configurations were when they were said to have reached M 1.2 without the help of afterburners (altitude, internal fuel, external load etc) THE TOTAL INTOX OPs, the usual Eurofighter stuff as well. Plus it appears that the Infra-red sensor wasn't installed on these aircrafts either,weither the Rafale D competing doesn't need anymore hardware fitted and that in every case, they were ballasted during development to respect the predictedweights and CGs (Now Dassault are laughing). So This sort of stunt is good for Airshow, only Quantifiable and repeatable perfs are valid for combat.
There is gonna be some more about the subject in next month AFM. It will be a pleasure to keep YOU posted...

PS: There is NO substitue for sound Aerodynamics.

Last edited by sampaix on 12:03 PM - Sep 04, 2004, edited 1 time in total.

12:09 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #11

Sounds good...
You crack me up Thunder! :D

12:11 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #12

Sounds good...
I'm sure the editor is a secret spy from the Eurofighter consortium who distributes lies in order to make you feel bad. :D

ROFL

12:13 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #13

Sounds good...
Ermm...can a kind soul scan the articles and post them?

Much appreciated....

Southpark
The Dude

1:11 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #14

Sounds good...
That's well up to your usual standard, better this than checking for yourself isn't it? The point is: i report My conversation as it WAS; anyone can call an ask for a confirmation. Also, i have followed his advice and posted a response which reach them too late to go for press asthey were bussy for the Octoberedition to go to press on Wednesday. So You can make your usual clown, it doesn't change the FACTS. I'll try toscan these if this bloody machine let ME. I'm in Ealing Library trying to scan specs for Typhoon from Jane's all the worlds aircrafts edition 2004-05.

Thunder note: I'm NOT aboutto disclose this guy E-mail adress ,it's up to you to figure it with HIM. Here his reply to my "article".
To: Marc Sampaix <thunderace45@wildmail.com>
Subject: Re: Response to AFM Sept 2004- Article
From: mark ayton <-----------------------------> Add to Contacts
Date: , Sep 1 2004 11:31:02 AM +0100
See Message Source

Marc,

Last evening I read your response document with respect to the recent Eurofighter article and it seems to make interesting reading. I will send this to the author of the article and ask for a response which will hopefully be short enough to place in the next feedback section of AFM.

For the time being that is all I can do. We are on pres day today and I will speak with Alan regarding your request for HPG to receive your article early next week when I return to the office.

Kind regards,

Mark Ayton.
Last edited by sampaix on 1:18 PM - Sep 04, 2004, edited 1 time in total.

1:29 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #15

Sounds good...
reposted below
Last edited by sampaix on 11:38 AM - Sep 05, 2004, edited 1 time in total.

1:56 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #16

Sounds good...
My subject is NOT how bad Typhoon is: I have stated time and time again that i didn't think it was a BAD aircraft. I just think that itis not as good as Eurofighter want us to believe, and not SUPERIOR to Rafale which is more developed aerodynamicaly and posses more developed stealth features, i also think the opposite is true when it cometo the engine and have always said so too. Still a very good aircraft to have in an Air Force.

2:29 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #17

Sounds good...
The things is most of us don't give a rat's ass what you think.

Did you post the article this whole thread is about?

2:45 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #18

Sounds good...
A rat's Ass seems to be the source of your intelligence these days Kos4k. AFM think otherwise and they are the one which are important to me,as well as a few other people in the industry, they don't need "proof" to know how serious i am and genrally are LOT more intersting to communicate with. As for talking for the most, you'll figure that appart for winging and talking s"£t(literally) all the time, you represent too little interest for them to allow yourself to pretend to be representative of their opinions. As a said: get a brain transplant, you need it more than the most of us. Joke! Plus you don't even READ the topics, just a little too high in brain cell requierments for you?

To: Marc Sampaix <thunderace45@wildmail.com>
Subject: Re: Response to AFM Sept 2004- Article
From: mark ayton <-----------------------------> Add to Contacts
Date: , Sep 1 2004 11:31:02 AM +0100
See Message Source

Marc,

Last evening I read your response document with respect to the recent Eurofighter article and it seems to make interesting reading. I will send this to the author of the article and ask for a response which will hopefully be short enough to place in the next feedback section of AFM.

For the time being that is all I can do. We are on pres day today and I will speak with Alan regarding your request for HPG to receive your article early next week when I return to the office.

Kind regards,

Mark Ayton.

It's Not you annal speech which is gonna atract this sort of comment from AFM Editors,no. Admission of failure i call this, see ya.

Last edited by sampaix on 2:57 PM - Sep 04, 2004, edited 1 time in total.

4:29 PM - Sep 04, 2004 #19

Sounds good...
Let me just ask that again since you don't seem to understand:

Did you post the article this whole thread is about?

1:53 AM - Sep 05, 2004 #20

Sounds good...
What about the cost?

----------------------------------
http://www.electronicaviation.com
Your source for Aviation.