Milgem faces severe delays after mishap

Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

Milgem faces severe delays after mishap

May 11th, 2009, 7:29 am #1

The Milgem corvette had severe leakage problems during tests after installation of her main MTU propulsion system but could be saved by pump systems of the assisting two tugboats.
The corvette is now in a dry dock untill modifications on the hull are completed. The mishap is expected to delay the construction works for about 8 months.

--------------------------------------------

Turkiye Turklerindir

May 11th, 2009, 7:37 am #2

Serious stuff, do you have a link nutuk.

May 11th, 2009, 7:39 am #3

The Milgem corvette had severe leakage problems during tests after installation of her main MTU propulsion system but could be saved by pump systems of the assisting two tugboats.
The corvette is now in a dry dock untill modifications on the hull are completed. The mishap is expected to delay the construction works for about 8 months.

Turkiye Turklerindir
Working on it, have to scan it first.

Turkiye Turklerindir

May 11th, 2009, 8:07 am #4

Turkiye Turklerindir
Guess that these things happen!

May 11th, 2009, 1:07 pm #5

Turkiye Turklerindir
now u get why were so sarcastic and judgemental with milgem! offcourse this kind of things are expected. now dnt start crying like small boys that its new toy broke, its nothing great.

-----------------------------------------------
cause only we (the hellenes),contrary to the barbarians we do not count the amount of our enemy in the battle.

May 11th, 2009, 1:09 pm #6

Turkiye Turklerindir
wtf, the greeks show some understanding/sympathy?!?
Last edited by skirted_soldiers on May 11th, 2009, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 11th, 2009, 1:22 pm #7

Turkiye Turklerindir
vre malakako we knew it will happen! as we know that is nothing great. we will tease u about it now and then (especially everytime u will dare to write milgem) but nothing unexpected!

-----------------------------------------------
cause only we (the hellenes),contrary to the barbarians we do not count the amount of our enemy in the battle.

May 11th, 2009, 2:17 pm #8

Turkiye Turklerindir
No comment needed.

May 11th, 2009, 3:12 pm #9

Turkiye Turklerindir
**** happens, specially in newly build ships , and prototypes. No need to exaggerate about it. I t could happen to everyone.
"Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,

that here obedient to their laws we lie"

May 11th, 2009, 4:46 pm #10

Turkiye Turklerindir
This sucks ass, MILGEM's propulsion system is pretty conventional, its not like its got waterjet propulsion! If its leaking it would be leaking in the cooling water intake or at the propeller shaft seals, I dont see how it could take 8 months to fix unless there is a significant design flaw.

I Hail The Flag

May 11th, 2009, 5:19 pm #11

Turkiye Turklerindir
You tried to push the limits maybe, in terms of interior space or something similar and it backfired.

Maybe flooding, which according to articles was severe, damaged essential electronics, insulation etc that may take time to rebuild since there is no stock of anything for such new design.

Anyway, this should be expected among the "baby" mishaps that are expected in new ships.

May 12th, 2009, 6:37 am #12

Turkiye Turklerindir
More bad news the Milgem corvette TCG Heybeliada scheduled for completion on October 25, 2010 has been re-scheduled to september 28 2011.

With following sea trials and testing of the weapon systems this will mean that official inauguration may occur in 2012 or bad case even 2013.

I have problems with virus on my homecomputer so I couldn't scan the article, I'll use the scanner at my work and put it here at the end of the day.

Turkiye Turklerindir

May 12th, 2009, 6:42 am #13

Turkiye Turklerindir
Thats sad. I hope the lesson is learned so we wont face problems with other milgems and future frigate.

May 12th, 2009, 7:14 am #14

Turkiye Turklerindir
Nutuk why did you start this thread for?
anyhow credit to you for doing so..

After all we have Hops have bashed the poor ship from its production stage that something was bound to go wrong and ,I guess some of us have become fond of it somewhat

May 12th, 2009, 7:36 am #15

Turkiye Turklerindir
i hope this dos not happen again at all

my cool turkish flag wolf sig

May 12th, 2009, 7:50 am #16

Turkiye Turklerindir
>>>> This sucks ass, MILGEM's propulsion system is pretty conventional, its not like its got waterjet propulsion! If its leaking it would be leaking in the cooling water intake or at the propeller shaft seals, I dont see how it could take 8 months to fix unless there is a significant design flaw. >>>>>

I second this notion.

It sounds like Nutuks story is too far fetched, exaggerated to its full length, much like his claims on Sabra 3 when there are Sabra I and II operational in Israel

May 12th, 2009, 8:28 am #17

Turkiye Turklerindir
Honestly i am amazing by this self-judgment air that blows in the forum.

Nice move nutuk writing about bad news coming from your country.

Anyway , we have yet to see some link that give a little more credit to your claims about the ship man.

May 12th, 2009, 8:29 am #18

Turkiye Turklerindir
Might be Nutuks way of Fun,to see greek reaction.,must admit it has been generally subdued funny enough.
As i have not heard it on any news.

In anycase we build ships all the time,and put motors in them,what was so fundementally different this tme?

May 12th, 2009, 8:50 am #19

Turkiye Turklerindir
oh boy... this is sh!t. there is a slight chance of canceling the program now , economical crisis hurts turkey a lot.

-----------------------------

May 12th, 2009, 8:58 am #20

Turkiye Turklerindir
I don't know if this link from the Greek side verifies anything. However, it does seem to confirm what Nutuk has posted.

New programs are riddled with problems and are to be expected. For all those who flame about Papanikolis, what have you got to say about your own program?

No system in whatever industry we discuss is without initial problems. Some are more serious than others.

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... el%7Cen%7C