Greeks with last names that end with "oglou"

Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

Greeks with last names that end with "oglou"

July 1st, 2012, 7:04 pm #1

How many of you grik waffers have last names ending with -oglou?? Did you know that this is a Turkish suffix meaning "son"? I see lots of gayreeks who have last names ending with Turkish suffix. One more of thousand other proofs of how the Master Race facked the boy lovers for 5 centuries.

Grix, what do you have to say about this? Are you proud of your Great Turkic names?

heheheh

---------------------------------

Not Left
Nor Right
But Forward
Towards Eternal Turan

?w=528[/img]

July 1st, 2012, 10:12 pm #2

I asked a Greeks about that. Of course in a polite way.

The origin of suffix ending with -opoulos -oglou -oglo -ou -oglu

As response, she said it was Greek suffix and that many Greeks have it so it can't be Turkish. LOL.

But I'm not sure about -ou suffix. Could -ou derive from -oglu?

A lot end in -ou. For example Filipou. If you pronounce it as Turkish it says son of Filip. Another one is Karalioliou. Which means son of Karali.

-----------------------------

Next week in cinema: Hungry Dancing

July 1st, 2012, 11:11 pm #3

How many of you grik waffers have last names ending with -oglou?? Did you know that this is a Turkish suffix meaning "son"? I see lots of gayreeks who have last names ending with Turkish suffix. One more of thousand other proofs of how the Master Race facked the boy lovers for 5 centuries.

Grix, what do you have to say about this? Are you proud of your Great Turkic names?

heheheh

Not Left
Nor Right
But Forward
Towards Eternal Turan

?w=528[/img]

dont be stupid. oglu uses by Gagauzes of Türks in greece.

Oglu is very usable by Gagauzes cuz of it is same in slavic nations.

For example "uzunov" means son of uzun
or karamanov means son of karaman.

other example uzunovi the sons of uzun ...

or mirkovic ... family of mirko ...

July 1st, 2012, 11:17 pm #4

heheheh

Not Left
Nor Right
But Forward
Towards Eternal Turan

?w=528[/img]

Crap thread, but anyway....

It is true that many Greeks have last names ending in -oglou. They are people that their ancenstos came from Asia Minor -almost 99.9% of them. The were living with Turk neighbors so everyone was the son of someone. Most of them had Greek last names never used in everday transactions with Turds... so forgotten.
All other suffixes are purely Greek and probably copied by Turks.
Suffix -ou means "of" i.e. Filippou meaning "of Philippos"

359 b.c. (no Turks invented yet) on the coin "FILIPPOY" meaning "of King Philippos" (there should be the word "BASILEOS" (king) somewere)

July 2nd, 2012, 12:35 am #5

heheheh

Not Left
Nor Right
But Forward
Towards Eternal Turan

?w=528[/img]

Beautiful coin no doubt. In Spanish they have -ez at the end of their names, also meaning "son of"