“Silent Auction” at The Highpointers Foundation...

“Silent Auction” at The Highpointers Foundation...

June 23rd, 2009, 5:21 pm #1

The Highpointers Foundation has recently launched a Silent Auction capability on there website so check it out!!!

This particular Silent Auction is being held from June 1st, 2009 thru June 31st at 6 p.m. EDT.

The featured item this quarter is an original, signed, Frank Ashley Guidebook from 1970 (author Frank Ashley passed away in the year 2000 so this is a rare opportunity to score the first state highpoint guidebook).

This treasured item can only be seen in the libraries of a few venerable longtime highpointers. Very few copies were originally printed.

Get more information from The Foundation at:

Their Home Page at: http://www.highpointersfoundation.org and click on the Fundraising button at the top of the page.

Their Fund Raising Page at: http://www.highpointersfoundation.org/H ... ising.html and then click to the Silent Auction Page prominently displayed as a link.

Fill out the Bid form, and submit a bid. Bids must be at least $10 higher than the current high bid.

All bid activity will be updated daily, but is not instantaneous. The amount of the donation above and beyond the value of the book from the winning bidder is tax deductible so please consult your tax professional.

The proceeds will help to benefit projects that The Foundation is working on. Plans are to offer a new item each quarter going forward.

June 24th, 2009, 5:09 pm #2

So, does this end on June 30 or on July 1. There is no June 31st.

June 25th, 2009, 2:34 pm #3

Can't slip anything past you?

Guess we all can agree on June 30th? He.. He...

Craig "Guess I'll check out copy that comes in" Noland

June 25th, 2009, 10:23 pm #4

Steve - did you click through to the Highpointers Foundation Website?

Craig mis-typed the date, it ends July 31st, i.e. at the convention. I don't think it can be edited in that original post, but no biggie, the info is corrected here.

It's working great, there have been quite a few bids, and the high bid is up to $300 now.

I believe we will duplicate this process once a quarter with a different item each quarter.

Jump in, all you big spenders.....

D

July 22nd, 2009, 8:27 pm #5

This signed, mint condition copy has attraced many bids, and is now up to $370. Whatever it ends up at, the donation amount will help the Foundation benefit highpoints across the country.

The winning bidder can make the funds available wherever they are most needed, or can direct that the $ be spent at a particular highpoint of his/her choosing.

We will probabaly continue this process once a quarter or so, with a signed Sir Edmund Hillary and a signed Reinhold Messner available as tasty prizes.

The bidding ends on Friday evening of NJ-09, less than 2 weeks away.

Thanx to all who have participated, and good luck to those who really want this book!

Dave C