Rainier with RMI

Rainier with RMI

June 3rd, 2015, 7:24 pm #1

Does anyone have any experience doing Rainier with RMI? What was your experience with them?

June 4th, 2015, 2:24 pm #2

My buddy and I summitted Rainier with International Mountain Guides (IMG) in 2011. We preferred their itineraries with a night at Muir and a "night" (getting up at midnight for the summit day) at Ingraham Flats. The extra night makes a big difference in acclimation and improves the odds of a successful summit.

Their guides were super and we lucked out with the weather. Low clouds when we left the parking lot at Paradise but we were above them at Muir. The next day, it cleared out and by sunrise on our summit day (at about 14,000' on the upper slopes), we could see all the way to local ground level. Spectacular views from the top!

July 9th, 2015, 1:45 am #3

Does anyone have any experience doing Rainier with RMI? What was your experience with them?
I summitted with them some 10 years ago, so things may have changed significantly. At the time, it was a very mixed bag. If you had a good guide (mostly of which were the veterans) it was a great and educational experience. With one guide though, i felt like i had a slave driver who didn't really enjoy guiding. More detail is on my trip report on this page i think, if that still exists.