New Email For WI 2007 Konvention; Konvention News

New Email For WI 2007 Konvention; Konvention News

June 21st, 2007, 5:33 am #1

My email situation has been totally TRASHED for the past month. I have therefore set up a new email site specifically for correspondence related to the Highpointers Club 2007 Wisconsin Konvention. My new email address for this purpose is jeswi07@hotmail.com. Please use this email for ANY correspondence related to the Konvention.

Latest update: we already have well over 170 people registered for the Konvention. The Stoney Creek Inn reserved 80 rooms for us, and they are ALL booked. There is a possibility that several additional rooms may become available at the end of June, so you may wish to get on their waiting list. You can also contact the Holiday Inn across the street, which also has rooms for the same rate ($84.00 per night). The next newsletter will have many more details about exciting trips we have planned in connection with the Konvention, including two dairy tours, a tour of the Harley-Davidson plant, and two separate county highpoint trips, plus Roger Rowlett's "expedition" to Poniatowski. Also, check the HPC web site for more details.

Remember, if you do not register by June 30th, you will be charged a late registration fee, and there is no guarantee you will get a T-shirt. So let's all sign up SOON and make this the BIGGEST HPC KONVENTION EVER!!!!!

See ya soon one time in Wisconsin, eh? Thanks much. JES

June 29th, 2007, 3:38 pm #2

Tomorrow (June 30) is the last day to register for the WI 2007 HPC Konvention at the regular rate of $60.00 per person (or $41.00 for kids under 5), and to assure yourself of receiving a T-shirt . Starting July 1, the registration fee will include a $5.00 per person late registration fee. While we will do everything possible to get T-shirts to everyone, we have no guarantees, OK?

The numbers of folks planning to come has really jumped. We now have more than 250 registered! It's going to be a BIG BASH, folks, so join the party and let's make this the BIGGEST EVER! We will be posting numerous items on the HPC website, including detailed schedules, directions, the "How to Speak Wisconsin Good" dictionary, and other good stuff. The committee is looking forward to seeing all of you at the party. If you have any questions or comments, or you want to help out, please contact me at the convention email address: jeswi07@hotmail.com.

By the way, we will be happy to take any new, unopened items for door prizes, if you have contacts in the sporting goods/sports apparel/climbing/outdoor book fields. Bring them to the convention and we'll get them on the table with our grateful thanks! We will also have special prizes for all the younger kids coming.

See ya soon, one time, eh? JES

July 2nd, 2007, 6:35 pm #3

My email situation has been totally TRASHED for the past month. I have therefore set up a new email site specifically for correspondence related to the Highpointers Club 2007 Wisconsin Konvention. My new email address for this purpose is jeswi07@hotmail.com. Please use this email for ANY correspondence related to the Konvention.

Latest update: we already have well over 170 people registered for the Konvention. The Stoney Creek Inn reserved 80 rooms for us, and they are ALL booked. There is a possibility that several additional rooms may become available at the end of June, so you may wish to get on their waiting list. You can also contact the Holiday Inn across the street, which also has rooms for the same rate ($84.00 per night). The next newsletter will have many more details about exciting trips we have planned in connection with the Konvention, including two dairy tours, a tour of the Harley-Davidson plant, and two separate county highpoint trips, plus Roger Rowlett's "expedition" to Poniatowski. Also, check the HPC web site for more details.

Remember, if you do not register by June 30th, you will be charged a late registration fee, and there is no guarantee you will get a T-shirt. So let's all sign up SOON and make this the BIGGEST HPC KONVENTION EVER!!!!!

OK, we are down to less than four weeks and counting - FAST!

Everybody who's anybody is coming, so be sure to join the party! As of right now, the count is up to 293 and more signing up every day! NOTE: Because the newsletter has been delayed, I have submitted the entire NL article update for posting on the HPC website. However, please note the following: both the Stoney Creek Inn AND the Holiday Inn are totally booked up. Therefore, I recommend that you contact either one of the other motels in the shopping center, or other motels in the Wausau area to obtain lodging. Names and phone numbers are listed in the article. You can also contact the Convention and Visitors Bureau; the number and email are in the article.

Many of you have asked about Illinois highpoint access. The owners have agreed to open the HP during normal daylight hours on SUNDAY, JULY 29TH, ONLY!!! Please do NOT contact them concerning visiting at other times, such as on the way to the Konvention. ALSO, please do NOT attempt to visit the HP other than on July 29th. We do not want to jeopardize the good relationship we have with the owners. Thanks in advance for your cooperation! The IL HP will also be open the first weekend of August and September.

I'll be posting more materials and info, including a comprehensive schedule of events, on the website in the coming days. When you check in and register, please be sure to sign up for CARPOOLING to reduce the number of vehicles going to the various venues.

Another reminder: If you can get donated door prizes (outdoor gear, clothing, books, etc.), please bring them with our thanks!

Please contact me at jeswi07@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

See ya soon! JES

July 9th, 2007, 11:00 pm #4

We are down to a couple of weeks before the BIG EVENT! Our count is now over 310!! john Mitchler is sweating bullets that his IL convention attendance record might be broken. C'mon, folks, let's do it! Only about 25 or so more and he's TOAST!

Keep checking the website for extra goodies. The Guide to "How to Speak Wisconsin Good" is now posted. I expect everyone to be fully conversant in bars, bubblers, and booyah when you get there, so download and study, okay?

Roger Rowlett is, as we speak, learning to sing the official song for the Poniatowski excursion. You don't want to miss that! Maybe we can have some entertainment during the happy hour, Roger?

I'll be posting driving directions from the Convention headquarters to the HPs of IL, MN and MI, if you are headed in any of those directions after the party. You can also use them (in reverse, of course) to get TO the party from other HPs.

REMINDERS: IL is open on Sunday, July 29th during daylight hours ONLY! Be sure to sign up for carpooling when you check-in. Also, we will have sign-ups for the various excursions on Friday and Saturday. Please use these so we can let our hosts know how many are coming. And please bring along any donated, new, outdoor items and books for the Saturday night raffle.

REMEMBER: You MUST be wearing your nametag for ALL official Club events (Friday brat fry, Saturday pancake breakfast, hike and watermelon feed at the summit, and Saturday night banquet). You will NOT be admitted without your ID. 'Nuf said.

Once again, contact me by email at jeswi07@hotmail.com, or my cell at (916) 207-0892). See you soon. Round up all those fence sitters and get them to WI. See ya soon, eh? JES

July 16th, 2007, 6:16 pm #5

Things are falling into place nicely for WI 2007. I will soon have posted on the website a comprehensive schedule of all events during the convention, including driving directions to each venue. Please download a copy. Pay attention to certain requirement and advisories concerning adequate footwear and construction delays. Be sure to sign up in the lobby of the Stoney Creek Inn for carpooling. Remember: You must be registered AND wear your name tag ID at ALL events! Thanks.

Also, I will have posted directions from the Convention to the high points of IL, MI, and MN. (REMINDER: The IL HP is open on SUNDAY, July 29th ONLY!!)

The Guide on "How to Speak Wisconsin Good", plus all the details on trips, etc., from the newsletter, are also on the website.

We have great food and great fun planned for you. And the "you" is now up to about 314 folks. A serious party.

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the Convention. Please contact me at the email address above, or on my cell phone at (916) 207-0892. NOTE: The old email address in the newsletter (jersiv@hatvany.net) does NOT work, so don't bother to try.

I'll be on the road for the next several days, working my way to WI from CA. But I'll try to get back to you asap. See ya soon! JES

July 31st, 2007, 1:31 pm #6

A link to photo galleries from the Wisconsin Convention is at:
http://highpointers.org/archives/2007/07/30/photos/

July 31st, 2007, 1:33 pm #7

Congratulations to the Vin Hoeman winners Nikki Hemphill and Robert Hyman

http://highpointers.org/archives/2007/07/30/robert/
http://highpointers.org/archives/2007/07/30/nikki/