Native American artifact expert?

Native American artifact expert?

September 22nd, 2005, 5:16 pm #1

Anyone out there knowledgeable about Native American artifacts? Specifically someone with knowledge of the tribe(s) from the Boundary Peak area?

If you or someone you know fits this description, please e-mail me offline. I found something interesting there and wanted to e-mail a few pics to someone who might be able to tell me what it is. Thanks in advance!

September 22nd, 2005, 5:52 pm #2

I can try to take a stab at it. I've been involved in archaeological investigations in the Arctic and Pacific Northwest, so I may not be aware of the specific Indian groupings in the Boundary Peak area.

In general, a photograph only provides part of the information necessary to evaluate the artifact. Information as to the context of the object is also crucial. So, as detailed a description of where it was found would be extremely helpful.

September 24th, 2005, 6:00 pm #3

Anyone out there knowledgeable about Native American artifacts? Specifically someone with knowledge of the tribe(s) from the Boundary Peak area?

If you or someone you know fits this description, please e-mail me offline. I found something interesting there and wanted to e-mail a few pics to someone who might be able to tell me what it is. Thanks in advance!
Give the anthropology departments at UNLV or UNR a call; they should be able to advise you what to do, and might even have someone who is an expert in the local and historical Indian tribes of the area.