Lost and Found??

Lost and Found??

June 11th, 2006, 6:22 pm #1

On Saturday, June 10, I was climbing James Peak (13'er and county highpoint in Colorado), and I found an item at the top that I think someone will miss and might be expensive to replace. Is there a lost and found site for climbers? Strange request, I know, but thought I would try.

June 12th, 2006, 11:15 pm #2

A significant number of people who regularly climb Colorado peaks use the FourteenerWorld.com Forums.  It's a member-only Forum (i.e. there are dues to pay to join), but if you email Steve Hoffmeyer (the webmaster) at [url=mailto:webmaster@www.fourteenerWorld.com]webmaster@www.fourteenerWorld.com[/url] , I'm sure he'll be happy to post a notice like you posted here and help people get in touch with you.  Or, PM me and I'll post something there for you.

Diane Winger

www.HighpointAdventures.com
NEW: www.Colorado-for-Free.com

June 15th, 2006, 8:08 pm #3

On Saturday, June 10, I was climbing James Peak (13'er and county highpoint in Colorado), and I found an item at the top that I think someone will miss and might be expensive to replace. Is there a lost and found site for climbers? Strange request, I know, but thought I would try.
They have numerous subheadings to choose from. Chances are good you are within 6 degrees of freedom from the unlucky hiker who lost the item

June 15th, 2006, 10:48 pm #4

Aren't you the county highpointer with the very nice colored maps on your site? I think you explained on here how you did that, but I couldn't find the thread. Care to share again?

June 16th, 2006, 2:15 pm #5

First of all, here's a plug to a great map repository: the Perry-Castaneda Map Library at the University of Texas, Austin:

Perry-Castaneda Map Library.

They have some basic b/w state maps with county boundaries (and US maps w/ state boundaries). Right click on the image, 'save as' onto your desktop (save as a .gif), then right-click 'open as' in paint to play with the colors. And that's that! You can use my maps, too - the basic images are public domain.

Hope this helps.