Konvention 2006 in Asheville NC Closing in...

Konvention 2006 in Asheville NC Closing in...

June 18th, 2006, 2:47 pm #1

Time is getting closer for the 2006 Konvention in Asheville NC the first weekend of August 4th and 5th. Applications are in the past couple of newsletters and the upcomming newsletter or email me and I'll send one back to you.

Dog's and Burgers on Friday along the Swannanoa River, speakers at the Folk Art Center on Saturday morning, the summit trip and the banquet at Taylor Ranch with other festivities, all in the North Carolina mountains.

If you don't get your fees in to Jean T you'll not be able to attend by just showing up. Sooo, be forwarned. The rules at the Blue Ridge Conference Center and Taylor Ranch are that if you're not registered for the convention you WILL NOT be allowed on their property. Those registered be sure to have your passes with you!!!

Sorry if this causes a problem, but believe me, those that show up at the last minute really put a wrench in the works for the planners of these events.

Go to http://www.highpointers.org right now for the latest Konvention information.

Please visit http://www.exploreasheville.com, Call: (828)258-6101 or Fax: (828)254-6054 for Asheville NC area information.

Do it now before you forget!!!

June 18th, 2006, 9:29 pm #2

<<< <STRONG><FONT size=2>Those registered be sure to have your passes with you!!! >>></FONT></STRONG>

What "passes" would those be?  An email from Jean saying she had received our registration (oh-oh, I'm not sure I kept that) ??  Or, are you sending something out in the future that is considered to be a "pass"?

Diane Winger

www.HighpointAdventures.com
NEW: www.Colorado-for-Free.com

June 19th, 2006, 6:45 pm #3

The "Passes" will be included in your registration packet you receive upon arrival at the konvention.

Tim(Other)Webb

June 20th, 2006, 3:20 pm #4

Thanks for the clarification.  See you at the Konvention!

Diane Winger

www.HighpointAdventures.com
NEW: www.Colorado-for-Free.com

June 28th, 2006, 3:15 pm #5

Time is getting closer for the 2006 Konvention in Asheville NC the first weekend of August 4th and 5th. Applications are in the past couple of newsletters and the upcomming newsletter or email me and I'll send one back to you.

Dog's and Burgers on Friday along the Swannanoa River, speakers at the Folk Art Center on Saturday morning, the summit trip and the banquet at Taylor Ranch with other festivities, all in the North Carolina mountains.

If you don't get your fees in to Jean T you'll not be able to attend by just showing up. Sooo, be forwarned. The rules at the Blue Ridge Conference Center and Taylor Ranch are that if you're not registered for the convention you WILL NOT be allowed on their property. Those registered be sure to have your passes with you!!!

Sorry if this causes a problem, but believe me, those that show up at the last minute really put a wrench in the works for the planners of these events.

Go to http://www.highpointers.org right now for the latest Konvention information.

Please visit http://www.exploreasheville.com, Call: (828)258-6101 or Fax: (828)254-6054 for Asheville NC area information.

I understand that the 2007 Highpointers Konvention is to be held in Wisconsin (Timm's Hill). Any idea of potential dates? I heard they might schedule it with the EAA AirVenture Show in Oshkosh in July. I would prefer October since it would be ideal to see the beautiful Wisconsin Fall colors. What month do other highpointers prefer?

July 3rd, 2006, 5:21 am #6

The date for 2007 Wisconsin has not yet been set, but should be set in the next week or so. It will definitely be set and announced at the NC convention 2006, if not before. The problem is that, during the period of the EAA convention, there is an extreme demand for rental cars throughout the Midwest area, including not only Oshkosh, but also many other gateway airports, including Green Bay, Milwaukee, Wausau, Appleton, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. There are only a limited number of rental cars available, and the rates can more than DOUBLE during this period. In consideration of the fact that many HPC members will be flying into the gateway airports and renting a car (to say nothing of hotel room rates, etc., which all go sky-high [pardon the pun] during the EAA period), I am discussing with various venues the availability of rooms, etc., during the mid-July to early August period. In consultation with the HPC Board, a final decision on the 2007 date will be made within approximately two weeks.

While I agree that a fall date with beautiful changing foliage would be absolutely LOVELY, the variable weather oF that season (rain, sleet, snow, etc.), combined with the difficulty of many families making such a trip during the school year, makes an autumn date very difficult to pull off. However, if Arizona is selected for 2008, there is a high likelihood that that HPC convention will be in the autumn, which should provide a fabulous aspen color!

In any case, I look forward to a fun-filled Wisconsin 2007! Thanks for your comments. JES

July 3rd, 2006, 11:38 am #7

Jim...You make several good points. Your point about families having to deal with school is a good one. I know Wisconsin has a reputation for having snow 9 months a year, but snow in early October is rare. October is my favorite month of the year in the Badger State! Having climbed Mount Humphries, Arizona in October last year I would agree that the aspens are beautiful, but they don't compare to the fall colors in Wisconsin where you get more than the yellow color. (Red, Orange, Yellow, and more.) Let us know when the dates are decided on.

[/IMG]

July 3rd, 2006, 12:19 pm #8

I spelled Humphreys Peak wrong! Aaauggh.

Jim Sutton:
If you need any help in planning the Wisconsin Convention or at the convention next year please email me. I have not been to Timms Hill (I'm saving it for the convention), but I do live in Central Wisconsin. Thanks.

July 3rd, 2006, 1:10 pm #9

I understand that the 2007 Highpointers Konvention is to be held in Wisconsin (Timm's Hill). Any idea of potential dates? I heard they might schedule it with the EAA AirVenture Show in Oshkosh in July. I would prefer October since it would be ideal to see the beautiful Wisconsin Fall colors. What month do other highpointers prefer?
A date in October guarantees that most families with children will not come. Are fall colors worth that price? I could make it, but many other families can not.

July 4th, 2006, 1:29 pm #10

It's not too late to sign up for the 2006 Konvention in Asheville.

We've extended the registration to the 15th of July so don't wait.

All the information is in this post or email me [url=mailto:cnoland@highpointers.org]cnoland@highpointers.org[/url].

Have a good one and hope to see you in NC.

Craig