Issue #88, First Quarter 2010, to Post Office, May 27, 2010

Issue #88, First Quarter 2010, to Post Office, May 27, 2010

June 27th, 2010, 2:40 am #1

The First Quarter issue went to the Printers on May 17, to the Mailing House on May 24, and to the Denver Post Office on May 27.

I have not yet received my copy in Golden (20 miles west of Denver PO).

Has anyone received their copy?

This issue is huge, with several nice articles submitted by Club members, plus a page of those crazy Handstands photos. Also, a major milestone was reached . . .

June 28th, 2010, 1:20 pm #2

Speaking of course only for myself, I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher yearly membership rate in exchange for A to Z being delivered via a "higher class" of mail. It's a first rate magazine produced by an incredible volunteer effort and the recent delivery problems are kind of a shame. It's been 6 months or so since I received the 3rd quarter, 2009 A to Z and nothing since then.

July 2nd, 2010, 12:57 pm #3

Still no A to Z. I agree with Mark. Raise membership fees and use higher class postage.

July 2nd, 2010, 5:50 pm #4

The First Quarter issue went to the Printers on May 17, to the Mailing House on May 24, and to the Denver Post Office on May 27.

This issue is huge, with several nice articles submitted by Club members, plus a page of those crazy Handstands photos. Also, a major milestone was reached . . .
A to Z Issue #88 [First Quarter (Spring) 2010] arrived today (Friday, 02 July) in Rolla (Mo.).

July 6th, 2010, 3:47 am #5

The USPS form (filed by our mailing house) shows a June 4 delivery to the P.O.

I rec'd my copy in Golden on July 3 - a month after the USPS received them.

We are in contact with the USPS, and will have a high-level meeting on Wed July 7 to discuss. They say it should only take a week.

Thank you for the good suggestions regarding converting to a higher level of postal delivery. I will discuss during our meeting this week!

A few years ago, we tried mightly to get "2nd class" periodical mail rate, but it was too time-consuming so we abandoned that effort, after spending many hours. It was a paperwork thing, not money. Maybe there are other options for our bulk mailing.

July 6th, 2010, 3:49 am #6

Speaking of course only for myself, I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher yearly membership rate in exchange for A to Z being delivered via a "higher class" of mail. It's a first rate magazine produced by an incredible volunteer effort and the recent delivery problems are kind of a shame. It's been 6 months or so since I received the 3rd quarter, 2009 A to Z and nothing since then.
If you do not have issue #87, please let me know and I'll send you a replacement. You should have #88 soon too.

July 11th, 2010, 2:01 am #7

The USPS form (filed by our mailing house) shows a June 4 delivery to the P.O.

I rec'd my copy in Golden on July 3 - a month after the USPS received them.

We are in contact with the USPS, and will have a high-level meeting on Wed July 7 to discuss. They say it should only take a week.

Thank you for the good suggestions regarding converting to a higher level of postal delivery. I will discuss during our meeting this week!

A few years ago, we tried mightly to get "2nd class" periodical mail rate, but it was too time-consuming so we abandoned that effort, after spending many hours. It was a paperwork thing, not money. Maybe there are other options for our bulk mailing.
Arrived in NH July 8th in good condition; well preserved for a 1st Quarter nl.

July 12th, 2010, 11:03 pm #8

Happy days are here again ...

Looks like a really good issue.

July 13th, 2010, 12:43 pm #9

St. Louis MO, yesterday's mail. I guess the Pony Express finally found some oats for their ponies...

July 26th, 2010, 1:08 am #10

Must have stalled somewhere crossing the Mississippi River? Hummmmmm?