HP Club Newsletter #82 to Post Office, Fri Oct 24, 2008

HP Club Newsletter #82 to Post Office, Fri Oct 24, 2008

October 25th, 2008, 6:38 pm #1

Issue 82 (08-3) is at the PO. It's a bit late due to the late convention this year, but it's a good issue.

The value of this issue lies mostly in the big Denali article wherein Kyle Atkins describes many tips and techniques for climbing the Big One. This article is so big, I had to split it into two issues. Enjoy!

You won't wait long for the next issue which I'll assemble in November. I saved up a bunch of Milestones photos to run and I'll publish the photos you've all sent in for the new DE and NC highpoint summits. Also! The return of the popular HANDSTANDS photos!

Let me know here (or my email) if you get a mangled copy (which I'll replace) or if it's delivered late (which I'll lament along with you).

Send your address changes and new highpoint counts to Craig Noland at membership@highpointers.org. If you send photos, he'll forward them to me.

November 5th, 2008, 3:10 am #2

A little more than a week to go 30 miles, from Denver postal center to Golden.

November 5th, 2008, 6:00 am #3

Issue 82 (08-3) is at the PO. It's a bit late due to the late convention this year, but it's a good issue.

The value of this issue lies mostly in the big Denali article wherein Kyle Atkins describes many tips and techniques for climbing the Big One. This article is so big, I had to split it into two issues. Enjoy!

You won't wait long for the next issue which I'll assemble in November. I saved up a bunch of Milestones photos to run and I'll publish the photos you've all sent in for the new DE and NC highpoint summits. Also! The return of the popular HANDSTANDS photos!

Let me know here (or my email) if you get a mangled copy (which I'll replace) or if it's delivered late (which I'll lament along with you).

Send your address changes and new highpoint counts to Craig Noland at membership@highpointers.org. If you send photos, he'll forward them to me.
Newsletter in my mailbox today as well. Enjoyed the article by Ben Lostracco who reached HP#48 on Granite Peak with me this summer.

November 5th, 2008, 8:15 pm #4

Ben wrote an incredibly detailed report of your team's ascent of Granite. I had to cut it down for the newsletter, but I tried to keep the spirit and excitment (and some helpful details). Good experience, that was! - John M

November 11th, 2008, 2:36 am #5

Our A2Z was waiting in the stack'o'mail when we got back from visiting Nathan for Northwestern's Parents' Weekend.

Could have made it to St. Louis anytime Thursday through Monday, 11/6 through 11/10.

November 11th, 2008, 1:20 pm #6

ALABAMA ON THE 10TH

November 12th, 2008, 8:02 pm #7

In my mailbox in upstate (as in really upstate and not Westchester County), New York on 11/12. Like the SOS article on acclimitization in this issue. Good stuff.

November 13th, 2008, 12:21 pm #8

might come in handy on your 7 remaining highpoints which are all over 11,200 feet. They are the toughest, but also the most rewarding. Good luck.

November 15th, 2008, 3:37 am #9

Great article regarding Denali.

Good Convention section, too.

November 21st, 2008, 1:13 pm #10

Found its way to the Granite State Thursday; in my mailbox buried under all the bills and junk mail:)