August 23rd, 2006, 10:14 pm #11

How about a list of highpoints percieved by by people who consume alot of marijuana?
"THC?" Maybe I am naive, but does that stand for "That's High Climbin'?

August 23rd, 2006, 11:01 pm #12

Hmm ...

Since Patrick was talking of pot, I suspect that he was referring to Tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingedient of pot.

August 24th, 2006, 12:55 am #13

... Burger King's, McDonald's, Krispy Kreme's, Jack-in-the-Box's, Pizza Hut's, Dairy Queen's... for example?

BTW; I didn't inhale. And Taco Bell is the bomb for the Munchies (so I hear!)

August 24th, 2006, 9:39 am #14

How about a list of highpoints percieved by by people who consume alot of marijuana?
... just how many HIGH points Cheech and Chong have? Got's to be a bunch? Maybe more than 50???

August 24th, 2006, 7:19 pm #15

Hmm ...

Since Patrick was talking of pot, I suspect that he was referring to Tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingedient of pot.
..but did you know that I know

August 24th, 2006, 11:27 pm #16

Hello, my name is Rich Allen, and I am a Listaholic. Maybe that should be "Listic," since I am not addicted to Listahol.

Anyway, it started off innocently enough. You know, the usual "I am going to bag the 50 state highpoints." Then I moved to Colorado, and a friend introduced me to 14'ers. Still, I felt in control, even when I started playing with the High 100 Peaks of Colorado. Then I started my downhill plunge...I began county highpointing. At first I didn't tell anyone, but then my wife caught me (she happened to be with me on one when I pointed it out), and it has really put a strain on our vacation planning.

I need help...recently I climbed some of the Highest 200 in Colorado, I have been seeing county highpoints outside my own state, and was trying to score some of the Southern Sixers at the last Konvention. I am going to Oregon next month, and am afraid I won't be able to control myself around some of those counties.

What I relly need are a few more lists...just a few more, then I know I can stop this. I hear rumors about other lists in other parts of the country, but don't know their specifics or their reliability.

If anyone can end me links or lists (like the southern peaks, New england, etc), I would appreciate it

Tongue firmly in cheek,

Rich
Here's one you could try, in the spirit of the upcoming midtern elections: highpoints of every congressional district! THAT would require some map review work.

August 25th, 2006, 5:59 pm #17

... just how many HIGH points Cheech and Chong have? Got's to be a bunch? Maybe more than 50???
I heard a very interesting interview with Tommy Chong on Fresh Air. He's a pretty intelligent guy. He even served time in Fed pen for selling drug paraphanalia.

August 25th, 2006, 6:00 pm #18

Here's one you could try, in the spirit of the upcoming midtern elections: highpoints of every congressional district! THAT would require some map review work.
You could probably get an HUD,DOD, or some other government contract for this. Everybody needs pork (just make it low fat)

August 26th, 2006, 9:10 pm #19

Hello, my name is Rich Allen, and I am a Listaholic. Maybe that should be "Listic," since I am not addicted to Listahol.

Anyway, it started off innocently enough. You know, the usual "I am going to bag the 50 state highpoints." Then I moved to Colorado, and a friend introduced me to 14'ers. Still, I felt in control, even when I started playing with the High 100 Peaks of Colorado. Then I started my downhill plunge...I began county highpointing. At first I didn't tell anyone, but then my wife caught me (she happened to be with me on one when I pointed it out), and it has really put a strain on our vacation planning.

I need help...recently I climbed some of the Highest 200 in Colorado, I have been seeing county highpoints outside my own state, and was trying to score some of the Southern Sixers at the last Konvention. I am going to Oregon next month, and am afraid I won't be able to control myself around some of those counties.

What I relly need are a few more lists...just a few more, then I know I can stop this. I hear rumors about other lists in other parts of the country, but don't know their specifics or their reliability.

If anyone can end me links or lists (like the southern peaks, New england, etc), I would appreciate it

Tongue firmly in cheek,

Rich
Don't fight it Rich ... just embrace it! I'm sure there are plenty of listers who peek in on this forum and we're all part of the same obsessive-compulsive mountain lovers club regardless of geographic locale. For me, it started with the Adirondack 46Rs and then moved on to the main New England and Northeast lists ... White Mountain 4Ks, New England and Northeast 4Ks, Catskill 3500 and moving on to State Highpointing after that. To steal a quote from Guy and Laura Waterman ... it's "a fine kind of madness."

August 27th, 2006, 2:00 am #20

And, of course, a shameless plug for my "Northeast 115" page on Summit Post.

http://www.summitpost.org/list/176935/n ... t-115.html