Gannett 09

Gannett 09

January 19th, 2009, 11:35 pm #1

I'm thinking about doing Gannett Peak this summer - did it about 5 years ago via the Glaicier Trail but we didn't make it to the top. I'm looking for others who might want to get together to climb it this summer- I'm pretty flexible as far as times to go, am thinking sometime in mid or late July would probably be ideal, am open to going from the Dubois side or the Pinedale side. I've got a fair amount of climbing experience- have done Granite Peak, Rainier, Hood, etc. Let me know if you want to get together to try Gannett.

January 20th, 2009, 2:45 am #2

Currently, I have summited 32 State Highpoints, including some of the "big boys" (such as Rainier, Hood, Borah, Whitney, Elbert).

Gannett is still on my "to do" list. My schedule should be fairly flexible, as well.

Is there any way I can contact you/ e-mail you?

January 20th, 2009, 3:50 am #3

Sure, if you'd like to e-mail me, go ahead and we can talk further. My e=mail address is kejohnson1964@msn.com

February 3rd, 2009, 12:26 am #4

I'm thinking about doing Gannett Peak this summer - did it about 5 years ago via the Glaicier Trail but we didn't make it to the top. I'm looking for others who might want to get together to climb it this summer- I'm pretty flexible as far as times to go, am thinking sometime in mid or late July would probably be ideal, am open to going from the Dubois side or the Pinedale side. I've got a fair amount of climbing experience- have done Granite Peak, Rainier, Hood, etc. Let me know if you want to get together to try Gannett.
May be interested in joining the group.
When are you planning?

February 9th, 2009, 10:03 pm #5

Hi Jack, for me personally the time that would work best is mid July or later. I don't know when you were thinking. So would you be going yourself or do you have others joining you? Do you have quite a bit of glacier travel experience, that sort of thing?

June 19th, 2009, 4:19 pm #6

I have a group together going to Gannett via the Glacier trail this coming July 9th, 2009. In all we should be 8 people.

We have 5 people trying for the summit and 3 going to high camp.

I reached the summit in 2006, but not in 2007. In 2008 I did not go to Gannett as I was on Kilimanjaro. I usually take a group up Gannett every year as I live near by in Wyoming.

If you are interested please let me know.

Steven Telck

March 14th, 2010, 2:07 pm #7

Jack--I read that you occasionally take groups up Gannett. Are you planning anything this summer ('10)? I want to climb Gannett, but I'm an intermediate climber/hiker at best. 60 years young this summer, and this would be my 36th hiked high-point. I would not want to try to keep up with an advanced group, but would love company. I am not a quitter, either -- I love the challenge of high-pointing, and I'm a good camper, with equipment.
Any possibilities?
Judy, North Carolina