Denali 2004

Denali 2004

Bernie
Bernie

July 16th, 2003, 11:03 pm #1

I am seeking partners to ascent Denali in 2004. I have done, besides rock and ice climbing, Andromeda via Skyladder, Athabasca via north west passage, some others in that region, climbing in the Bugaboos, Mt Robson, Orizaba in Mexico and Aconcagua will come later this year. As I am not familiar with Denali I am looking for some experienced climbing partners and prefereably 2-3 partners to make a safer rope team. I live in upstate NY and anyone from the area wanting to do some rock climbing and ice climbing this winter get in touch. Bernie

mike
mike

July 18th, 2003, 8:06 pm #2

Going in may 2004 and haven't found any partners yet. Going to Aconcagua also later this year so email me your plans for both. Been on Denali twice and looking very forward to going back.
mike

July 25th, 2003, 10:45 pm #3

I am seeking partners to ascent Denali in 2004. I have done, besides rock and ice climbing, Andromeda via Skyladder, Athabasca via north west passage, some others in that region, climbing in the Bugaboos, Mt Robson, Orizaba in Mexico and Aconcagua will come later this year. As I am not familiar with Denali I am looking for some experienced climbing partners and prefereably 2-3 partners to make a safer rope team. I live in upstate NY and anyone from the area wanting to do some rock climbing and ice climbing this winter get in touch. Bernie
Bernie, I will be on Aconcagua in December 03. What route are you planning? I'm interested in attempting the Polish glacier with a default to the Polish traverse to the normal rte if the glacier won't go. If you are interested and don't have other committments, I'm looking for a partner(s). I live in Monterey CA. Have climbed Orizaba and Iztaciahuatl, Rainier 3 times last by Liberty ridge, Shasta 3 times last by Casaval Ridge, Adams, Hood, winter ascent of Whitney via Mountaineers rte, other Sierra peaks.

Jayson
Jayson

August 19th, 2003, 8:08 pm #4

Going in may 2004 and haven't found any partners yet. Going to Aconcagua also later this year so email me your plans for both. Been on Denali twice and looking very forward to going back.
mike
My partner and I have begun talking about Denali in 2004. We are looking to go with another rope team of 2. Any thoughts?

August 21st, 2003, 5:38 pm #5

i'm planning on going, probably late may,2004 - i've been before and would like to do something other than the west buttress - anyone interested?

Bernie
Bernie

August 21st, 2003, 7:57 pm #6

Hi, this is Bernie and I started this message board. As of August 22nd, 2003 I am not sure I will actually be able to go on the expedition in 2004 due to work related issues. I will keep this message board open to promote discussion and refer interested people to potential climbing partners. So far, there is a group of 2 commited to ascent Denali via the West Rib. More later. Bernie

September 10th, 2003, 5:43 pm #7

I am interested in joining a team for climbing Denali in 2004. I live in WA and have climbed extensively in the Cascades and been to the Tetons, Bugaboos, Aconcaqua (Polish Glacier). The West Rib looks like a great route - a step above the W Buttress.

Steve
Steve

September 30th, 2003, 5:13 am #8

I also am interested in a Denali climb for next year and would prefer not to use a guide service. Experience includes a couple hundred rock routes throughout U.S.; 45 CO 14ers; Gannett; Grand Teton; Glacier, Forbidden, & Eldorado peaks; Rainier. I am a strong climber and quite easy to get along with. I live in the great mountain state of Ohio. Please respond if interested.

October 27th, 2003, 8:21 am #9

Hi Steve,
I haven't visited this website lately, so just saw your email. Sounds like you've done quite a bit of climbing. Have you heard from anyone regarding climbing Denali in 2004?
Rich

Joe Burton
Joe Burton

October 31st, 2003, 5:00 am #10

I'd be interested in a possible 2004 climb as well. I've climbed extensively in the cascades over several years including multiple assents of Rainier, Baker, Adams, Glacier, Olympus, Hood, and others.

I'm now residing in the San Francisco area.