Charles Mound Closed for the Winter

Charles Mound Closed for the Winter

John M
John M

November 28th, 2001, 5:42 am #1

Jean asked me to post this notice.

John,
Tell folks that Charles Mound will be closed until March 31st. Once the snows hit(which could be any minute now), the road is really not passable.  We hate to see people drive all the way here and then not be able to get up there. We also hate to spend our days digging people out!

Also - this coming weekend is shot gun deer hunting season. Absolutely no people can be walking around our property....there will be about 15 hunters there!

Thanks...and Happy Holidays!

Jean and Wayne Wuebbels

Brian Bongiovanni #26
Brian Bongiovanni #26

January 23rd, 2002, 3:58 am #2

What about hiking up from the hairpin turn to the NW via the wisconsin side?????? Should be little impact.

Bob
Bob

January 23rd, 2002, 3:40 pm #3

Although the main reason for closure is the impact around the house, this is private property. There may be little impact by approaching from another direction, but the owners have requested that we, as Highpointers, not be there. We should respect their wishes.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 16th, 2002, 11:15 pm #4

John,
Tell folks that Charles Mound will be closed until March 31st. Once the snows hit(which could be any minute now), the road is really not passable.  We hate to see people drive all the way here and then not be able to get up there. We also hate to spend our days digging people out!

Also - this coming weekend is shot gun deer hunting season. Absolutely no people can be walking around our property....there will be about 15 hunters there!

Jean and Wayne Wuebbels
this suckes

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 16th, 2002, 11:18 pm #5

John,

Jean and Wayne Wuebbels
this suckes

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 16th, 2002, 11:19 pm #6

this suckes
no it is a good thing

Mark
Mark

November 18th, 2003, 1:57 am #7

John,

Jean and Wayne Wuebbels
I may be on vacation in June (the 23rd) driving in from Iowa (this HP was added earlier in the week). Will I be able to add Illinois to my growing list HP's?

Mark S
Mark S

November 18th, 2003, 1:29 pm #8

Too many damn Marks around here. We should start our own club within the Highpointers Club. If you check out the access issues icon on highpointers.org and go to Illinois, it explains that access is now restricted to the first weekends in June, July, August and September each year and that you also have to contact the Wuebbels in advance and request permission. Apparently, they want only legit HPers on their property ... no tourists.

Mark S
Mark S

November 18th, 2003, 1:30 pm #9

I may be on vacation in June (the 23rd) driving in from Iowa (this HP was added earlier in the week). Will I be able to add Illinois to my growing list HP's?
Too many damn Marks around here. We should start our own club within the Highpointers Club. If you check out the access issues icon on highpointers.org and go to Illinois, it explains that access is now restricted to the first weekends in June, July, August and September each year and that you also have to contact the Wuebbels in advance and request permission. Apparently, they want only legit HPers on their property ... no tourists.

markv
markv

November 18th, 2003, 7:38 pm #10

ok, well that link is baloney, but how about arranging an all-Mark assault on a highpoint of note? Maybe Boundary Peak?