Ascent for Autism Research (AFAR)

Ascent for Autism Research (AFAR)

August 6th, 2005, 1:50 am #1

Greetings all:

Just wanted to spread the word that on August 25th I and fellow Highpointer Kevin Sweeney will be climbing Mt. Whitney in a fundraising effort called "Ascent for Autism Research" (AFAR). Despite affecting 1 in 166 children in the U.S. (my daughter Jordan included), autism is one of the lowest funded areas of medical research from either private or public sources.

All donations are tax deductible and will go directly to the National Alliance for Autism Research. If you'd like to contribute or just to learn more, please visit the web page I've set up at 8thsummit.com.

August 7th, 2005, 5:37 am #2

Good luck on your climb! I should add the scrolling <a href=http://www.autismwalk.org/site/TR?px=10 ... undraising Honor Roll</a> to my web page.

August 13th, 2005, 6:00 pm #3

Greetings all:

Just wanted to spread the word that on August 25th I and fellow Highpointer Kevin Sweeney will be climbing Mt. Whitney in a fundraising effort called "Ascent for Autism Research" (AFAR). Despite affecting 1 in 166 children in the U.S. (my daughter Jordan included), autism is one of the lowest funded areas of medical research from either private or public sources.

All donations are tax deductible and will go directly to the National Alliance for Autism Research. If you'd like to contribute or just to learn more, please visit the web page I've set up at 8thsummit.com.
Just got interviewed by reporters from the Boston Globe and the Attleboro Sun Chronicle this week about the Ascent for Autism Research. Hoping for a couple of good stories that spread the word!